Chapter 9 "Christmas or Halloween?" 🎄🎃

"That is the last time you poison me!" Dr.Kaiba finished off his lecture to his younger brother.

Once he woke up the next day he made sure to give his brother a punishment. Clean every single piece of lab equipment and stay in his room to think about what he did. He didn't mind that little Mokuba helped you with your troubles involving the vulture but he was surely upset Mokuba poisoned him to do it. The scientist held a bag of ice against his head. He groaned at the nasty headache as he walked down the stairs. His loud door bell rings causing his head a lot of pain.

"So loud.." Dr.Kaiba groaned.

His robot butler opened the front door. It was Yugi the pumpkin king! It was a nice surprise. Not that Dr.Kaiba would admit it. It was funny how him and the pumpkin king are friends.

"Yugi? What brings you to my laboratory?"

"I need to conduct a series of experiments and I was hoping I could borrow some equipment."

"Sure thing. Curiosity killed the cat."

"I know." Yugi mused as he followed the tall scientist upstairs.

Mokuba over heard the conversation from his room. He was quite curious what the pumpkin king could possibly experiment on. Yami was more known to make science experiments than his brother.

"Experiments?" The Igor questioned. He was glad Yugi was acting normal again. He was concerned for him after you mentioned your thoughts on the town meeting.

Once Yugi returned home he was busy working on his scientific research on Christmas. There was still plenty the poor skeleton didn't understand. He hadn't the slightest idea what could be missing from his Christmas plans. He didn't realize there was more to the holiday than Christmas spirit so he decided to take a scientific approach. Yugi remembered something one of his private tutors taught him. That any problem can be solved through research. Yugi did dabble in experiments with Yami so he knew a thing or two about taking a scientific approach. Poor Zero was getting concerned about his skeleton friend. The home was decorated in Christmas and not Halloween. This month is meant for spooks and scares. Everyone knew the traditions for Halloween especially Yugi but here he was trying to celebrate Christmas. The lights, the chimney, the decorated dead Christmas tree. It was practically December in the pumpkin kings home. Zero wasn't sure how he felt about it. He barked trying to get Yugi's attention.

"What could it mean..?" Yugi thought out loud to himself. He was too busy looking over results of his last findings.

Zero laid in his bed in a whimper. Yugi was too busy at the moment. He had done a ton of research. Reading every Christmas book, using a microscope on several items from the holiday, opening up teddy bears and several other toys. He hadn't found anything in his research. In fact he knew less about Christmas than he thought. He enjoyed this new holiday but didn't know everything about it. His frustrations were getting to him with every failed experiment. To make it worse Yugi had been conducting experiments for a whole week. Zero's worries didn't end. He was making sure to take care of Yugi. Giving him plates of food and asking to play fetch when he needed a break. Yugi sat at his desk building a house of cards out of his Christmas deck. He was fed up with his experiments. He truly wanted to understand Christmas but with the rate he is going it doesn't seem like he will.

Zero wasn't the only one concerned about the dear pumpkin king. Every ghoul from Halloween Town wondered about the king. Rumors began brewing around town from everyone. From him getting sick to him running off into the woods again. Many of his friends were the ones who truly worried about his well being. They broke out in song as they passed by Yugi's home.

"Don't know if we're ever going to get him back" Joey the Devil said worriedly.

"He's all alone up there" Duke the werewolf sings.