Chapter 4 "Brothers to the Rescue"

The trip toward Dr. Kaiba's lab wasn't very safe with bug monsters surrounding the place. The pumpkin king and the headless prince ran as they shot the creepy crawlers with blasts of frogs breath. Yami kept beating himself up because if he still had his stallion the two could get to their destination in seconds.

"Now isn't the time to worry about him brother, we must reach the doctors lab before something dangerous could happen to him. What if another creature tries to hurt someone?" Yugi said as he ran side by side with his younger sibling.

"You are correct brother. I apologize. We must hurry."

The two continue running as they evade enemy attacks. The two are very fast they can run with ease since they needn't worry about breathing as they don't have any organs. They're both undead creatures with Yugi a skeleton and Yami a zombie phantom. Eventually the two make it to the laboratory the front door is broken so the two are able to enter easily. The giant lab is filled with different bugs but the two fog up the place in seconds avoiding many enemies. They make it upstairs finding a lab desk as well as other equipment. The room is small but quiet with the ceiling light left on. Yami takes a look at the large bottled green liquid on the metal table. The bottle is closed with a bat symbol across the front it was odd what could the doctor be using it for? While Yami was busy his brother the pumpkin king looks at an open notebook. Yugi reads the paper titled, "Lab Notes"

"What could this be? Perhaps a clue?" Yugi said to himself as he read the lab notes.

Materials
Centipede tail, Rat scale, Bat Beard, Lizard claw
My 'bat boomerang' is finally complete! After a lot of experiments my newest creation is superior! This Halloween's 'Ghastly Gadget' award will be mine for the taking yet again! That pathetic headless prince won't stand a chance against me! He may of been too busy to participate this year but I will surely beat him with my skill alone.

Yugi rolled his eyes not wanting to read anymore of the rivalry between the scientist and his brother. Yami may not look it but he enjoys making inventions in his spare time. He takes pride in creating grotesque inventions thanks to his powers. Yugi's thoughts go back to Dr. Kaiba.

"Seems to be a new invention I say we take it, wouldn't you agree Zero?" Yugi asks his precious dog.

Zero barked in agreement while Yami curiously walks up to his brother. He was intrigued by the doctors creation.

"He really believes a bat boomerang is a good invention?" Yami laughed while Yugi dragged him to the next room not wanting to hear Yami go on about his inventions. 

The next room isn't a room at all in fact it's a long dark hallway leading outside. Swarms of bugs are flying around the area the two boys couldn't be more thankful they have a frogs breath in their inventory. All the bugs in the sky wilt thanks to the foggy stench. They cross the outside area leading to another area of the laboratory. The door is broken but the two ignore it. Zero began barking smelling more bugs in the area. The two royals stop in their foot steps noticing two centipede monsters they're not too over sized but could be about the same size as a fridge. Yami felt this would be a good chance to use his abilities. His dark energy surrounds him as his head began floating in the air off his body his eyes glow red as his sharp teeth reveal his sinister smile. The centipedes are only a little intimidated they began running around the entire bricked walls around the two young men and their dog. Yami and Yugi couldn't believe how fast the centipedes are they are highly dangerous in fact unpredictable. Yami tried shooting his dark magic at the long creatures but he missed every time. Yugi looks back to the bat boomerang hoping he'd aim perfectly. He shoots the boomerang finding a wonderful surprise. It can shoot bats! Swarms of bats! A group of five bats are sent to the giant centipedes causing both to fall off the ceiling squirming in pain. Yami takes the opportunity covering the two horrid bugs in his magic turning them into ashes.