Chapter 7 "This is Halloween"

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the songs in this fanfic. Yes this chapter will be a bit of a song fic.

🖤🧡🖤

"I can not believe I met the pumpkin king. He is everything I ever imagined. The regal image of fright with such frightfully beautiful features. I could never imagine such a handsome ghoulish man to exist." You daydream as your spider friends listened to you.

"Is he really so frightening?" Kuriboh asks.

"Yes! His existence screams Halloween!" You giggle falling on your coffin made bed.

Kuriboh rolls his eyes happily while the others in your bedroom join your laughter. It's been a few days since the whole bug incident from Oogie's hands. The town's folk have been very busy getting Halloween Town back to normal. Everyone has participated in the cleaning and public volunteer work. You weren't able to go thanks to your horrid step mother. It's early morning as of now and you're particularly excited since it's the announcement of Halloween. Around Halloween the towns folks find themselves excited for the huge holiday. The whole town decorates and becomes prepared for the holiday. The announcement is on the first of October which would be today. The mayor along with the pumpkin king have a gathering at town square to announce the holiday. The pumpkin king does all announcements in song and the whole town joins in. Every year they sing the town's song, "This is Halloween'' as tradition. Then everyone carries on with their day as they enjoy the rest of October with the festivities that are normally scheduled for the month. Since Halloween is so big all shops including the town square have festivities for October. This isn't the first year your step mother hasn't let you go out for the announcement of Halloween. You're used to not being able to enjoy October. It's no wonder not one ghoul in town knows about your well being. You're always kept at home so you can perform all your duties as your step mother desires. Your friends knew this very well.

"It's a shame your step mother doesn't let you enjoy the festivities for Halloween. You should be allowed to see the announcements too." Said Black Widow. She crawled onto your coffin looking up at you.

"Thanks friend. Unfortunately step mother would never allow it. She gives me chores I can hardly ever keep up with." You sigh.

"Not anymore! You have your disguise remember? We don't mind doing your chores while you're out. Remember to come back before your step mother and sisters so they don't get you into trouble." Kuriboh exclaimed.

"Yes! He's right. Your Sally disguise will do quite well. Sneak into town square and they won't be none the wiser. They have rehearsals after the announcements so you don't have a worry in the world, dear." Black Widow said.

"That is a good point. Step mother said the dance rehearsals would continue as scheduled. She doesn't seem to recognize me in my Sally costume." You said joyously.

"Then what are you waiting for? Get ready!" Kuriboh said as he pushed you toward your clothing trunk with your disguise.

"We can get all the chores done!" Black Widow says while all the black cats and other spiders nod.

You giggle in excitement and decide to bring out your disguise. You're so thankful for your friends. You suit up in your stitched doll disguise zipping up at the back. You blink a couple times while your eyes adjust to the eyelids from the suit. Your friends wave as you leave the front door of your home.