Chapter 29

It's been a couple of days since Drake last saw Nicki. She finally agreed on him meeting OJ properly. He wasn't so sure how this is gonna go down, but it was what he wanted.

He stood at her door and rang the doorbell right when the clock turned 10. A few seconds later, a bubbly Nicki answered. She was in some sweatpants, a tank top with no make-up. Just like he likes.

"Punctual much." She said.

"Well, you know me."

"Haha, come on in." She moved to the side and he stepped in. The living room was kinda of a mess, Odell was playing with his blocks which were all over the place.

"Make yourself at home." Nicki said passing me by and sat down on the sofa.

He sat down on the armchair that was near me and watched Odell play until he stopped and looked at him.

"Hi Odell."

"Hi." He then looked at Nicki then back at Drake and smiled a little. "You're that guy from the other day."

Drake chuckled to himself then got serious.

"OJ, I need to tell you something." Nicki said. He walked over to her and sat on her lap. "Look at me. This is very important."

"Important." He repeated.

"Yes, important."

"Tell me already then."

"Well, you see this man over here?"

"Yes."

"He's your father."

"Huh?"

"He's your daddy, like grandpa is my daddy. He is your daddy."

"Ohh..." He slip from Nicki's lap and went over to Drake.

"Where were you? Are you and mommy going to be together?" He was asking these bunch of questions so excitedly yet innocently which he had to confess they were making him uncomfortable. "Can w-..."

"Stop it OJ!" Nicki said to him.

"Sorry." He frowned and went to his room. Guess he got upset towards Nicki's reaction. They stayed in silence until Drake broke the tension.

"He seemed excited to meet me."

"Yeah...Can you like, go talk to him while I fix something for us to eat? I'm feeling a bit bad now."

"Sure." He went wandering all the way to Odell's room, exploring the hallways that he pass through. He never took his time to actually appreciated the plan of this penthouse, so contemporary.

When he finally got to his room it made him want to be a kid again. He saw Odelle siting on the bed with his elbows on his knees looking like he wanted to cry.

"Hey buddy."

"Hey."

"Look OJ, don't be mad at your mom. She just got a little upset with you, but it's all good now. You know she loves you no matter what, right?"

"It's okay, I understand."

They stayed in silence. He seriously didn't know what to say. "I like your room."

"Thank you. Mon chose the decoration."

"She has good taste."

"She's the best mom ever!" He threw his arms in the air then started playing with his hair.

"You look like your uncle Micaiah with your hair like that."

"You know my uncle Caiah?"

"Yeah, I used to take him to the park sometimes a long time ago."

"Can you take me to the park too?"

"Of course I will. Anything you want we can do."

"Yay!" He stopped in his tracks and sniffed the air. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"Mom's making brownies!" He took off running out of the room to the kitchen. Drake got up and followed the smell to the kitchen to find Odell with his eyes fixed on the plate with a brownie that was cooling off and Nicki was taking off her apron.

"Brownies, aye? You sure know how to please a child."

"I made them in case something went wrong. He loves it." She said. He watched her as she washed her hands and dried them.

"Do think, maybe us three could go out..." She cut hit off already knowing what he wanted.

"Like a family?"

"Yeah."

"Sure, when?"

"Anytime soon."

"Fine with me. As long as my baby is happy."

"Our."

"Yes, our baby." She tilted her head to the side and smiled a little letting her dimple show. She just gets to him without trying it's insane after these years it's all coming back to me. He still loved her it's hard to see her with somebody else. He didn't realise he was in such trance until Nicki snapped her fingers on his face.

"Drake, are listening to me?"

"Sorry, I was in deep thought."

"That I could see... Now let's go, OJ is calling us." She grabbed a tray with three glasses of orange juice and a plate with brownies and they went to the living room. Odell was already there watching TV and they joined him.

For the rest of the day they just chilled. Drake got to know his son better. Nicki is doing a pretty good raising him, he just wish he could have been part of it, but no doubt he'll try my best to stick around now.