Chapter 28

Drake let go of her and look at Nicki to see the worry in the eyes. He was speechless as he wasn't sure of what to say about it.

"I think I might have a pregnancy test in my room." She said.

"Why would you have a pregnancy test at home?"

"I'm an active woman. I gotta have these things."

"Ew." He simply said and screwed his face. She slapped him on his arm with the back of her hand. "Ouch."

"Let's go." She led him into her bedroom. Once there, she went into her closet to retrieve the test. "Okay, you can just, wait here. This will take about 10 minutes so get yourself comfortable but not too comfortable." Then she went into to the bathroom and closed the door.When she time was up, she came out.

"I think you're pregnant." He blurted it out hastily.

"Where the hell did you get that from?"

"Just a feeling."

"Lose the feeling nigga... I cannot afford to have another one of your seeds growing inside me."

"I'd be happy if I had another child with you."

"Shut up. I'm serious." She sighed. "What if I'm really pregnant? What am I going to do? I don't want another child for now."

"Don't worry. If it's positive, I'll help you and assume my responsibilities. If it's negative, well, then good for you." Nicki nodded. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

They looked at the test, which it's result was negative. Both sighed in relief.

"So, we're still good?" Drake asked.

"Yes and no."

"Yes and no?"

"Yeah. You might have gotten away with this sleeping with me thing but you made me lose my boyfriend, you jerk."

"I'm sorry. But you know what I think? He'll come back."

"You really think so?"

"I know so." Out of nowhere, Nicki just threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. She was loving the comforting words Drake was giving her. It's been years since they had been this affectionate. They stayed like that for while until she pulled away timidly.

"Sorry, got a lil' carried away there." She said.

"It's okay. As long as I made you smile. I like seeing these." He poked her dimples which made her blush.

"So please, stop crying. I can tell you've been doing that a lot. No man is worth your tears. If he really loves you, he'll come around. He'd be a jerk to let you slip out of his hands... Like I was..." He mumbled that last part, at least he thought he did.

"What d-..." She was cut off by her phone ringing. They both looked at it then back at each other. Drake just cupped her face and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll text you later to check up on you." Nicki just stood there watching him go and closing the door behind him. What was that about? She didn't care, she liked it. And she missed how that could feel.

She just shook her head and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hey girl!" Trina sang on the other side of the phone.

"Hi Trina."

"Are you okay? You sound a little distant."

"I'm fine, good, actually."

"Hmm I see you got some tea for me. We need to put our talk up to date."

"When?"

"Soon as possible. I haven't seen you in a while."