22

Z's POV:

Just three more months and I'll be away from this reel life. It just frustrates me when I think about it. I thought that this marriage would be like a walk in the park, never knew it would be like walking on a nail bed. The amount of stress I've been undergoing because of Harry's behaviour is just ridiculous. He's been avoiding me ninety percent of the time, since the coffee incident happened months ago. He's back to being that shxtty and egoistical jerk of a boss.

The environment at the office is beyond explanation. With the whole work place knowing that I'm his husband (fake, though), his arrogance and torture towards me had everyone raise their eyebrows at me. The fact that the contract is going to end in three months gives me satisfaction though on the other hand, it gives me a feeling of sorrow. Often I feel like I'm going to miss a huge part of my life and that my happiness is never gonna be the same. I agree that I wanted to distance myself away from him, but a part of me drew me near him everytime he smiled or even looked at me.

I'd say I'm an idiot to not know or believe that a mere year would change the way we see life. Heck, a second is enough. Now, as I sat looking at the torn design sheet scattered on my work table, my mind tried to come up with theories about the time or date or incident or even a small memory of the second I fell in love with my fake husband. Yes. I'm finally agreeing to myself after months of denial. I indeed fell in love with my husband who also happens to be my self-conceited boss. I couldn't actually come up with the exact reason for falling in love with him. It could have been the day when I kissed him in his office or the time he waited impatiently when I returned home after the huge fight, nursing my wounds or the day he drank the life-threatening coffee just because I made it or probably when he made my sisters laugh till their stomachs hurt. I couldn't actually conclude it but I accepted it.

The realisation that there are less than 90 days with him scared me to my bones. I didn't want it all at the beginning, yet, now I just need it. Need him. Need my husband. I wanted to just barge into his office, pulling him up by his collar and scream at his face that he was guilty. He was guilty of coming into my little, happy world. He was guilty of  choosing me to play this game. He was guilty of irritating me to no end. He was guilty of worming his place into my heart. He was guilty of engraving his name, his smile, his eyes and his soul into my whole being. He was guilty and he has to accept the consequences of getting stuck with me forever.

"Earth to, mate", I heard Antony's voice bringing me back to reality.

"Oops. Sorry, just spaced out", I tried chuckling nervously. He nodded his head before his eyes fell upon the shredded design sheet.

"What's this, man? One more? It's 286th design going to trash within the past two months. Are you fine?", Jax questioned concerned, standing next to my desk.

"Yes. I am. He isn't satisfied with the outcome. No worries, I can make something else", I tried reasoning while I heard a female voice out of nowhere.

"Zayn, I heard he did it again. Can you please show me the rough sketch if you have it?", Ms. Kendall spoke with a smile, making her way towards me.

"Yes, ma'am. Just gimme a moment", I frantically searched under the sheets upon my table before I finally found my drawing notepad which had all my rough sketches. She took it from and I followed her eyes which moved all over the page. She sighed loudly before talking to me.

"I need to have a talk with him and you're coming with me", she demanded while I just shook my head.

"No, please. I'm fine with making a design all over again. Please don't take me there again", I almost begged her but she didn't budge.