8

Harry:

"I don't know how you'll convince him. I want you and your husband for dinner tonight, no later than 7 pm. You know better than to cross me, Harry", my mom's voice reprimanded through the phone.

"Mom, please understand. He's not my husband. Gemma misunderstood the situation", I sighed defeatedly running my palm over my face.

"Misunderstood the situation? In her words, you both were snogging the hell out of each other during office hours. Explain me how it could be a misunderstanding if you told us that you are already married", she countered as I was on the edge of pulling all my hair out of the scalp.

"Mooooooommm. Please. I've a company and employees to take care of. You're wasting my time, right now", I tried to show my anger.

"Ha ha ha. You've a company to take care of and I'm wasting your time. So, when you were playing family family with your husband in your own office, didn't you remember it?", she teased, making me groan in annoyance. "Listen up carefully young man. Either you bring him to the dinner tonight or expect me at your office tomorrow and I'll be happy to introduce him as my son-in-law to your whole staff. The ball is in your court, baby. Love you", she said with a finality and hung up before I even had a chance to reply.

I slammed the phone on my table, running my palm between my hair and gripping them tightly, trying to pull it out. "I want my hair, you stupid. Take out your hand and deal with your own mess", my mind retorted.

"Inform Mr. Malik to be in my cabin in five", I ordered to my assistant over the phone and hung up without hearing her reply.

I paced around my cabin, chomping at the bit, waiting for him. The past two weeks have been hectic with him as he had become more serious and harsh. He didn't attend the meetings without Kendall or someone from his team, accompanying him. I agree what I said was harsh but I don't regret what I said. He shouldn't have spoken to me like a mannerless brute. I'm his boss after all.

"Ants in your pants", his voice came from the door as he walked in like he owned the place.

"Haven't you heard of knocking? Won't ever change. Will ya?", I snarled.

"I'll throw a rock next time before coming in because apparently my wonderful boss has a problem with hearing", he said rolling his eyes slyly but I saw it.

"Are you calling me deaf?", I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh God. Do you think I've the nerve to call you that? I'm just someone taken out of a trash can. And yeah, a sl*t too. I wouldn't even dare to raise my voice at you, Sir", he reminded my words with a fake smile plastered on his face. I sighed heavily, rubbing my fingers on the bridge of my nose.

"Listen. You need to stop arguing with me", I said as he raised his eyebrow at me in a suggestive way. I sighed again, leaning on the desk. "I don't even know why I put up with your behaviour. You're really so disrespectful", I said as he frowned at me.

"Don't worry. I'll leave then. By the way, I don't even deserve a job at such an esteemed company", he said moving his eyes around my office. "My bookstore was good for me", he said throwing my words back at me.

"Do I have to remind you that if you want to leave, you must either give us a three months prior notice or three month salary as a compensation? You can't do both, so do your work properly instead of running your mouth", I raised my voice at his annoying behaviour.

"If I remember well, I was minding my own business when I was called by your assistant who said you wanted to see me. Did she lie? Should I go then? I'd atleast be saved from seeing your face for the rest of the day", he replied sharply.