15

Haz's POV:

"Mom, you didn't!!!! Seriously???", I almost screamed at my smiling mother. We were sat in our living room couch, Zayn next to me and thankfully his sisters were at a school camp. I don't want anymore shxt in my life and my family seems to add more to it than lessening it.

"Yes, Edward! And you know better than arguing with me", mom reprimanded me in a rather calm tone which is definitely dangerous.

"But, An- sorry, mom. We can't go on a honeymoon. I'm sorry but I can't", Zayn spoke up for the first time today.

I felt Zayn's tense mood as soon as my mom kept her next pawn. A freaking honeymoon. A real trip together for a fake marriage. The irony. This is definitely not something acceptable. It's been almost two weeks since we got married, fake married but the expectations from my family is irritating and intolerable. We both had decided that we won't tell publicly that we're married. I just made a formal meeting with my board of directors to inform that I'm married yet I didn't disclose the identity of Zayn. They're not on my back, at least for some time now.

"But what's the problem? Someone who is in love will be eager to go on a honeymoon. And you two? First the wedding fiasco and now this. Is there something that you are hiding from us?", Mom enquired which caught us off guard. Zayn started shifting uncomfortably due to his nervousness and I was lost for reply. "Is there really something, guys? Tell me if it is", Mom questioned again, probably noticing the change.

"Actually, it is-", I started to spill the beans when I was cut off.

"No, mom. Actually, we have some work commitments for the next two months without a break. That's the reason for the refusal", Zayn excused making Harry look at him curiously.

"Stop it. You two are a match made in heaven", she said and I felt my breath hitch. I felt Zayn stiffen next to me. "Such workaholic, the two of you are. Go out, have some fun together. Just work isn't going to help you make great memories. This is important in a relationship", mom adviced making me mentally roll my eyes at her.

"But mom. Still. We do have time to do all that later. Work is important and we definitely can't go anywhere since we have magazine shoots and a runway show next month", I explained softly though being annoyed.

"I'll take my leave now", mom announced, ignoring me on the whole. She turned to look at Zayn before speaking, "Here, I booked tickets for your trip to St. Lucia for a week, starting tomorrow. The food and accommodation had been arranged too. We have a very own beach house there and I've already contacted our housekeepers, about your arrival. They'll arrange everything and leave after you two get settled in there. Have a nice time, him", she handed the tickets to Zayn and hugged him tight before she turned on her heel, walking towards the main door and exiting without even sparing me a glance. I was furious. She had ignored me and everything I said.

I turned towards my so-called husband with anger bubbling up in my veins. "What the fuxk was that? I could have told her the truth. Why did you stop me? Are you thinking this fake marriage is a real one?", I fumed. His eyes seemed surprised for a second before they filled with rage.

"You know what? You are one selfish, arrogant and self-conceited jerk. I didn't want to tell her the truth, that would only hurt her in the end. I maybe anything but I'm not an heartless b**tch like you", his words shot up my temper. "Why would I think that this marriage is more than a fuxkin drama? If I wanted a real wedding, happy family, I wouldn't have even wanted that with you. I would have married someone who knows how to love and respect. Not some egoistical and self-centred dipshxt who only thinks about himself. I'm doing this just for the money that would secure my sisters lives. Nothing more, nothing less", his true intentions shocked. He glared at me and I was disappointed to see so much hatred in his eyes. My eyes pricked with unshed tears. I'm not saying what I said was fine but I don't want him to hate me. I know this isn't a real wedding where we play a real family, a loving couple but the hatred in his eyes for me, hurt me to no end. I didn't understand what happened to me but I didn't want to see that look again.