Emma
Two Months later

"I missed this place," I said, plopping down into the booth as Ethan sat across from me.

We were at Milky Way's, and it honestly felt good to be back in Jersey for once.

It was finally summer break, and Ethan and I had kind of worked out a plan for this summer. Obviously we were back together, but things weren't perfect. We kind of worked out a good system though.

One of the rules was that we weren't spending every fucking second of the day together. It wouldn't be healthy for us, and we needed to build a better foundation of trust.

I'm not saying that we weren't spending a ton of time together.

We were.

We were just leaving room to hang out with our families or other friends too.

I've been hanging out with Olivia and Tessa a little bit, and Ethan's been spending extra time with his brother.

Tonight, Ethan and I were on a little date, just to get milkshakes and hang out. I was also sleeping over at his house that night.

I felt like things were going pretty well for us. Obviously we still weren't perfect, but we've definitely worked on it.

"It feels like forever since the last time we've been here, doesn't it?"

I smiled. "It does."

"How are you so pretty?" he asked, smiling at me as he sipped his shake.

"If you really think I'm pretty, you'll let me have a sip of your shake."

Ethan smiled bigger, rolling his eyes at me. "You always want to try mine, and then make me trade."

I giggled. "Get used to it, babe."

"You have such a big crush on me," he said.

I laughed. "More than a crush, E."

Ethan smiled. "How did I get so lucky? I have the most beautiful girl in the world sitting across from me, and somehow she likes me? I feel like God's spoiling me. First the best twin ever, now I have the best girlfriend ever."

"You're so sweet to me."

"You're my girl," he said.

-

"I don't understand how you beat me every time," Ethan said, putting his video game controller down.

I was still on record for beating him in Mariokart. He's only ever beaten me once, and I might have let him win that time.

I'll never tell.

Grayson walked into the living room, sitting down in the recliner.

"Gray," Ethan said. "Play mariokart with me."

I handed Grayson the controller I was using, telling him that Ethan was upset that I won again.

Grayson laughed. "Ethan, you know you're still gonna lose."

I watched as they started a new game, and Grayson won against Ethan.

"See?" Grayson said. "I fucking told you."

I laughed. "It's okay, Ethan. Maybe you'll win next time."

He shrugged. "I'm always winning with you."

I smiled, rolling my eyes and softly pushing him away. "You're so cheesy."

"I can be even more cheesy if you want," he said, wrapping his arms around my stomach. "Come here and give me a smoochie smooch."

I laughed. "Not until you ask normally."

"Come on, just kiss me already."

I gave him a small peck on the lips before smiling at him. "That's all you get."

Ethan pecked my lips a couple of times. "Too bad. I just steal kisses anyway."

Grayson got up and started walking away. "Goodnight, guys."

"Night, Gray," Ethan called as he glanced at me.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?"

I nodded. "If you cuddle with me."

Ethan gently tackled me, so we were both laying down. "You know I'll always cuddle with you," he said, grabbing the tv remote.

He found a random movie on Netflix, but it was one neither of us had seen before. It was actually a pretty good movie, but Ethan fell asleep with his head laying on my chest.

I stayed there, my hand gently massaging his head as he slept. His hair was so soft, and I couldn't stop running my fingers through it.

In fact, when I stopped for a couple of seconds, Ethan woke up and told me to keep going. It was cute.

"Awe, you want me to keep playing with your hair?"

He nodded, smiling at me. "Feels good. It's relaxing," he said.

I smiled as he laid his head back down. "You're so cute."

"I love you, Emma," he said. "Don't forget that."

"Awe. I love you too, baby," I said, still massaging his hair.

"I wish you could stay here forever," he said. "I'm really gonna miss you when you go back."

Honestly, I kind of didn't want to go back to Arizona. I was looking at other schools that were closer. "I don't know if I am going back," I said. "I might go to a different school next year."

Ethan lifted his head up. "Like where?"

"I applied to transfer to NYU or to Pitt," I said. "I wanna stay closer to the East Coast this year."

He smiled. "We'd be able to see each other more, babe."

"I know," I said. "I hated being far away last time. I wanna be closer this year."

Ethan pressed a long, sweet peck to my lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you too. Are you excited about this?"

He nodded. "So excited," he said. "My internship is in the city, so if you get into NYU, we can see each other a ton."

"Maybe I'll have an apartment and you can come stay with me when you want," I said.

"This is gonna be so much easier for us," he said. "I can come squeeze you whenever I want now," he said, laying his head down and tightening his arms around me. He was always squeezing me whenever we hugged lately. It was cute, but sometimes I had to push him off of me to get some air.

I pecked his lips. "We'll have a better year than last," I said.

"I know we will," he said.