Chapter 7: Playing Detective

3rd POV

Team RWBY was currently sitting in their room in a short meeting with General Ironwood. Two atlas guard robots stood outside the door. Inside Team RWBY's room, tensions were running high as Ironwood was busy reprimanding Yang.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

Yang: But I wasn't-

Ironwood: *angerly* That's ENOUGH! The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified.

Yang's shock turns into miserable understanding when she looks to the ground, and Ironwood leaves the room.

(Y/N)'s POV

We were currently walking through the halls of Beacon on our way to Team RWBY's dorm. To say we all had mixed feelings on the matter would be a complete understatement. Bruce and I didn't believe Yang attacked Mercury without good reason while Price and Callie were not sure what to believe, even though they seemed to be convinced that Yang attacked unprovoked.

Price: We all saw her do it guys! This should be a no brainer!

Bruce: Yang would never do something like that unless she had good reason to!

Price: She shot the shit out of Mercury's legs dude!

(Y/N): Do I need to remind you guys that strange occurrences and behavior have been a common thing since Mercury and his team got here?

Callie: We get that but it still doesn't change the fact that she attacked him!

(Y/N): Innocent until proven guilty Callie.....

Callie: Hate to break it you boss, but so far all the evidence points to Yang.

(Y/N): Looks can be deceiving. This is exactly why I'm having Lyla gather all available video footage from the fight before it gets censored to the general public by the media.

Price: I don't know what you intend to prove boss.

(Y/N): Think about it. Coco was lost her shit fighting Emerald and Mercury and now something similar happens while fighting Mercury alone. Seeing a pattern here?

Bruce: I see where you are driving at, but what does that prove?

(Y/N): You let me worry about that...

We turn the corner back towards the hall that housed ours, JNPR's, and RWBY's rooms. We see General Ironwood walk out of RWBY's dorm. He sees us and walks towards us with the guard robots flanking him. I wanted to tear him a new one but if I'm going to get anywhere with helping Yang, I'm gonna need to be civil with him.

(Y/N): General....

Ironwood: Captain....

(Y/N): If I may ask sir, what is the current situation with Team RWBY?