Chapter 2- Confused and Hungry

Song: Best of Me- BTS

Rosie POV

Feeling happy and satisfied with my first day at work, I checked for the closest grocery store in my area on my phone while waiting for the elevator to open up. The closest was a store called E-mart. Putting the address on my navigation app, I heard the beep sound of the elevator opening up.

I looked up and saw people in scrubs, some in white coats, and some in regular clothes coming out of the bank. I stood to the side to let them pass and when they all stepped out, I entered and pressed for the garage level button.

Hearing my phone rang, I saw my mom calling. My mom was still working in the Bay Area as a doctor at Stanford. She didn't like the idea of her only child going overseas to practice her license when there were jobs available at home. But the idea of seeing him again terrified me.

Swiping the accept button to the side, I placed my phone against my ear. The sound of my mom's voice made me tear up. I missed my mom. I wished I did not feel the need to escape the life I had back home. But it was necessary for me to start living my life after him.

"Rosie, are you there?" My mom asked. Noticing I didn't say anything back, my mom hung up and called me again.

"Mom," I thought while smiling like a child. A month ago, she told me her phone was broken and so she got a new phone. But the problem was she didn't know how to use it. She only used it to call but other than that, nothing.

"Hi mom" I answered immediately before she decided to hang up the phone again thinking I couldn't hear her.

"How are you, honey?" She asked. I heard someone in the background, taking my mother's attention for a while.

"I'm alright. Today was my first day at work. Everyone is really friendly." I said while looking towards the panel showing the floor number going down.

"I'm glad to hear that. I wish you would come home though. The house feels empty without you here." My mom said emotionally.

She continued, "Your dad is planning on visiting you there soon. I'm arranging my schedule so I can come with. It's been a while for us to have a vacation together as a family."

"I know mom. I'm sorry if I'm causing you distress about my situation. But you don't have to worry about me. I'm perfectly alright." I said and noticed that I needed to change the topic fast before my mom talked about him again.

"On a good note, I can't wait to see you and dad. I haven't had the chance to visit tourist spots in Seoul yet, but my coworker recommended a lot of places for us to visit." I was almost to the garage level but the elevator stopped three levels above.

The door opened slowly and saw them standing on the opposite side of the bank. Mr. Yoongi's friends and himself were talking among themselves in Korean language I couldn't understand. Mr. Yoongi was standing in the middle facing the other guy with pink hair and a slim built. They hadn't noticed me yet but once they did, they went silent again.

I bowed slightly and gave them a smile. I was still on the phone with my mom when they finally woke up from stupor and bowed in return. They entered and I moved forward close to the door as my floor was almost up.

The tallest guy in the group pressed the garage floor. The bank was too silent that they could hear what my mom was talking about.

"... your dad and I are planning on visiting you next month." My mom said oblivious to what was happening in the elevator.

"I can't wait to see both of you," I continued with, "Mom, I need to go. My floor is almost up. I'm going to..." I stopped talking when the elevator opened up and was surprised to see flashes of light directed towards the bank that I was momentarily blind.