Chapter 14- Go Go

Songs:

BTS- Permission to Dance

BTS- Go Go

**********************

As I was talking with dad, soft knocks came. A blue-eyed man covered by rectangular-shaped glasses and wearing a white coat over the dark navy blue scrubs walked in Dr. Wilkins. Standing behind him was presumably a nurse.

"Good morning Dr. Gates," He said and was surprised to see me sitting by dad's side.

"Is that you Rosie?" He smiled and walked around the bed to hug me.

"Hi Uncle, how are you?" I asked smiling at him as he went to check the cut on Dad's face.

"I'm good, I'm good. It's been a while. How long has it been Steve? Two years?"

"Almost three years. Ellie had lied to her about my condition just so Rosie would be forced to come home." Dad laughed.

"My sister has always been the devious and clever twin. I'm surprised it took her this long." Uncle Eli laughed and I could see the same mannerisms as my mom. They looked absolutely identical down to the same color shade of shirt they both were wearing today.

"Eli maybe you can stop by the house tonight so we can all have dinner together. You can bring Sarah with you." Dad invited with a smile on his face.

"That will be a great idea. We'll be there around seven?" Uncle Eli asked waiting for dad's confirmation. Dad nodded.

"Before I carried away, here is Nurse Ann to help you with the discharge papers. Everything looks good but I think you all know that. What should I bring tonight?" He changed the subject as soon as Nurse Ann finished having my dad sign the papers and left the room.

"Just bring dessert," Dad said and Uncle Eli just nodded.

We talked some more but Uncle Eli had to excuse himself to finish his rounds.

Closing the door behind him, I faced my dad and said, "I didn't know you were going to be discharged today."

"I wanted to go home since yesterday but they wanted me to stay here for observation. I told them it was only a small cut but your Uncle and Ellie didn't want me to leave right after the accident. And knowing your mom, she would be hellbent on making sure I was perfectly alright before I went home." Dad stood up and started packing his belongings in the bag next to the closet by the bathroom.

"Are you really? Do you need me to do anything?" I asked raising my eyebrows knowing fully well Dad wouldn't complain about anything even if he was slightly in pain.

"I'm perfectly alright, kiddo - I swear on your mother's love for food." With that said, I left dad alone. Swearing on my mom's love for food was a serious thing that shouldn't be taken lightly, being Italian and all.

"Okay, Dad. By the way, does mom know you're being discharged today?" I asked and started helping Dad pack his other belongings.

"I did text her before you came in. She told me she's going home earlier to prepare for dinner."

"What time do you want to leave?" I asked as I checked the time on my phone. Seeing it was almost noon, I started to feel hungry.

"We can leave now. I want to get out of here. It doesn't feel pleasant when you're the patient." Dad admitted and I agreed wholeheartedly.

I smiled unconsciously when I remembered Mr. Yoongi being worried about me that he knocked on twelve doors looking for my room. I remembered Mr. Yoongi taking care of me. I remembered him waking me up to get me to eat and take my medications.