Chapter 12- Universe

Songs:

BTS= Airplane pt. 2

BTS= Pied Piper 

4 days later

Waking up with a start, the sudden blaring noise coming from my phone echoed loudly in the room. I checked the time and the light from the screen caused my eyes to squint. Displaying it was four in the morning, I wonder why mom was calling me so early in the morning.

"Hello mom, Is everything alright?" I answered huskily with sleep evident in my voice.

"Rosie, no need to panic but your dad just got into a car accident."

"What? What happened?" Alarmed, I sat up and switched the light on.

"I don't know what exactly happened but I was told that a drunk driver smashed his car against the passenger's side of your dad's car. Dr. Wilkins is his doctor." Mom replied.

"Excuse me Dr. Gates, but the meeting is about to begin." Someone said in the background.

"I'll be right there." Mom replied. Her voice carried away from the phone that I could barely hear what else she said.

"Rosie, the reason why I'm calling you is I need you to come home. I have back-to-back surgeries this week and I can't find anyone to cover. If you can come home as soon as possible, your dad and I are going to appreciate it." Mom rushed out to say.

"Mom, wait,"

"I need to go Rosie. Love you." She said and hung up.

Looking down at my bright-lit phone, speechless with the sudden news. After not coming home for years because of him, going home at such short notice would be a big step for me. But my parents needed me so I had to suck it all up and put everything into gear.

I had a lot of things to do here before I left. But first I needed to inform my nurse manager. Standing up, I walked towards the closet as the phone rang. I pulled out a suitcase and started packing clothes.

"Hello" Yoona answered.

"Good morning Yoona. I'm calling to let you know that I can't come to work for a few days. My dad got into a car accident and I need to go home as soon as possible to take care of him. I'm sorry for the short notice. I'll let you know when I'll be back."

"Thank you for letting me know and don't worry about it, Rosie. I hope your dad's okay."

"Thank you"

Next, I called the airline as it was quicker to call them while packing instead of doing it online. A customer service rep answered the call and said, "Annyeong hasimnikka, my name's Ha-joon. How can I help you?"

"Hello, I would like to book a flight today," I said.

—----------------------------

After a long tiring flight, I finally arrived at San Francisco International Airport. I checked the time and it was almost midnight. People roamed around hastily catching up with their flights carrying heavy large luggage with some kids in tow. Pulling my luggage behind me, I found myself standing and waiting at the train station beneath the airport.

Texting my mom that I arrived safely, I checked to see any messages and emails. Four texts were from Mr. Yoongi.

"Hey" his first text said.

"What are you doing?" Two hours after his first text.

"We're about to start our rehearsal."