Chapter 3- What News?

Song: For you- BTS

Rosie POV

A week later

Founding my rhythm at work, these past few days flew by without a hitch. The employees were friendly and open to new staff like me although I noticed some of them giving me long looks.

Yesterday, I went to the break room and saw some nurses talking in the corner. Once I entered, their conversation stopped. I said my hellos and went to the side of the room where all the lockers were. They continued on with their conversation but it was hushed as if they didn't want anyone like me to hear what they were talking about. Grabbing my water bottle, I left the break room as fast as I could, not liking the tension in the room.

I walked back to the nursing station and saw Joon. She was wearing milk-green colored scrubs with a stethoscope draped around the neck. She was older than me but she looked no older than 20.

"Hey Rosie, I bought coffee for us," She said. "God knows we need it tonight. The coffee in the break room is trash. I don't know why they can't provide us great coffee." Joon continued with distaste in her tone. She was a lot more vocal than anyone I ever knew. The administrator was always caught arguing with her. Since Joon was related to the owner of the hospital, the administrator couldn't fire her.

"Thank you, Joon. What's up tonight?" I said while grabbing the coffee she handed to me and took a long sip.

"I just got a call. A famous person just got into an accident. Apparently, this person was conscious enough to say he wanted to go to this specific hospital. They're on their way here." She replied while Doctor Kim came to the station with two other nurses to give roles of what we would be doing once the patient came.

Not two minutes later, paramedics came with their bright red uniform pushing a stretcher with our patient on it.

Doctor Kim and I went to receive the patient while the other nurses readied the room. The paramedic with a distinct large nose started giving out reports.

"Patient's name is Min Yoongi, 27 years old. Had an allergic reaction to shellfish. The patient had trouble breathing. We administered EpiPen 10 minutes ago and gave oxygen therapy immediately. Patient's vitals BP 100/60, pulse 65, respiration 19, and oxygen saturation is 91." He said while I looked surprisingly towards the patient on the stretcher. Mr. Yoongi looked pale.

"Mr. Yoongi, Mr. Yoongi," I said while tapping his chest checking for consciousness. He slowly opened his eyes and whispered, "Rosie"

Grabbing my penlight, I shone it through his eyes.

Doctor Kim took Mr. Yoongi's attention and asked, "Do you know where you are?"

"I'm in the hospital." He said weakly and he turned his attention to me.

"Don't leave me." He declared and closed his eyes. The paramedic and Doctor Kim looked at me strangely.

"Do you know him?" The paramedic asked.

"Yes, I do," I replied, still reeling from his statement.

Placing the stretcher side by side to the bed, two nurses on each side grabbed the edge of the pad underneath the patient.

"On the count of three, let's pull him to the bed." The doctor instructed.

"One...two...three," We pulled Mr. Yoongi to the bed and Joon immediately inserted IV on his arm. One of the nurses prepared the oxygen while I unwrapped the nasal cannula. I connected the end connector to the oxygen concentrator and inserted the prongs into his nostrils.