Chapter 4- Crazy Drunk

Playlist for this chapter:

1. Butterfly - BTS

2. Epiphany - BTS (Jin)

3. Seesaw - BTS (Suga)

Yoongi's POV

Present-day

Standing in front of the window, the stars blinked its fluorescent lights in the abyss bringing a beautiful stark contrast to the emotions brewing inside me. The reflection staring at me was a man with confliction written all over his face.

Flashback

We had just finished a concert in Oakland and our manager informed us that we had three days of free time where we could rest and spend the time exploring. Jin-hyung sporting a blonde hair was already planning on where to go with the maknaes.

"Let's go to San Francisco. I want to see the golden gate and see if it's really gold." Jungkook said smilingly, showing his cute two big front teeth. The others nodded while I was drinking coffee.

"Can we go to Napa? Let's go wine tasting. I want to taste what the wine from Napa tastes like." Jimin said while Jin agreed wholeheartedly.

Namjoon was busy on his phone texting while J-hope and Taehyung were also busy searching for tourist attractions to visit.

Jin-hyung stood up and went to the kitchen of our hotel, and suddenly shouted.

"Ya! Who ate my gelato?" We all looked towards Taehyung and he looked like he was ready to bolt to his shared room with Jimin and Jungkook. His scared expression was laughable causing Jimin and J-hope to laugh so hard that Jimin fell down on the floor.

Jin-hyung walked out of the kitchen holding the almost empty gelato container in his hand and was looking at us searching for the culprit.

Jungkook coughed out Taehyung's name while Jimin and J-hope were laughing so hard causing tears to stream down their faces.

"Ya! Why did you eat my gelato?" He said while walking in Taehyung's direction. The culprit stood up and was moving away from Jin.

"I'm sorry hyung. It was so good. I couldn't resist." Taehyung said with a laughable expression.

"Run" Jin-hyung said creepily, causing Taehyung to run to his room as if the devil was on his tail.

Jin-hyung didn't run but he made loud stepping sounds to scare Taehyung while we were all laughing at their antics. At the end of the night, we decided that we would visit San Francisco, Napa, and Lake Tahoe.

..............................................

After three great days of relaxation and exploration, our last night before our flight, we decided to go our separate ways and meet up outside the hotel the next morning.

...............................................

The moment I saw her standing over me, I could not believe my eyes. Wearing blue scrubs with her attached ID badge showing 'nurse practitioner' at the bottom, I could not believe my luck. She was going to be my nurse after three years of seeing her last.

Her makeup-free face brought memories I never thought I would remember again. The freckles scattered over her nose, I remembered counting them one night when I was watching over her, her not knowing who I was.

It saddened me to think she didn't remember me. But I didn't blame her. A remote inn somewhere in California, sitting in one of the stools, I found her crying by the bar with glasses of alcohol in front of her. At the time I saw her, I thought she looked really out of place with the ancient interior design of the bar. With its black and white tiled floors, worn-out colored seats of the stools as well as benches, it made me wonder what a beautiful but unhappy woman was doing in a remote place like this.