Chapter 6 - Wishing on a Star

Song:

My Time- BTS

Rosie POV

"If you don't mind me asking, what made you join BTS?" I asked while taking a bite of the tiramisu.

After a great meal, Mr. Yoongi and I decided to stay a bit longer for dessert. I ordered a tiramisu consisting of creamy and rich, delicious filling and ladyfingers dipped in excellent quality espresso while Mr. Yoongi ordered a chocolate and raspberry tart. The tart looked too pretty to eat with raspberries on top sprinkled a bit with mint leaves and confectioner sugar.

"Well..." He paused and wiped his mouth with the napkin after taking a bite of his dessert. Looking towards it, he noticed I was looking at his tart longingly.

"Do you want to take a bite?" He asked.

"I..." I stammered. I shouldn't but who could say no to that delicious looking tart?

"Here," He said and offered his spoon with the tart on it.

Surprised by the gesture, I reached forward to grab the spoon myself.

But he shook his head and said, "Here take a bite."

I opened my mouth and let him insert the spoon in my mouth. The richness of the chocolate and tartness of raspberries swirled together in my mouth that I couldn't help myself but close my eyes to savor the flavor. The mint brought freshness to the richness of the tart as a whole. It was delicious.

Opening my eyes, I noticed Mr. Yoongi staring at me with a serious look on his face. Embarrassed, I pulled myself back to my chair and drank water.

"Thank you. That was really delicious." I said.

"You're welcome." He replied huskily. I looked at him and his eyes were blazingly hot. Swallowing my saliva, I looked away and took another bite of my tiramisu.

Wanting to disperse the tension in the air, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"I'm not trying to brag but I make the best lemon ricotta cake."

Feeling exposed and stupid for blurting that out, I took a big bite of my tiramisu without looking at him.

"Really? I like sweet and tangy cake." He said and again with his intense stare directed to me.

"Maybe one of these days, I can bake you that cake." What was I getting myself into?

Where was that professional boundary nonsense?

Poof

Gone

"I'd like that." He said.

Clearing my throat, I asked him the question I asked earlier.

"I used to be an underground rapper in Daegu. I met RM there. He became a good friend of mine after all these years. Both of us aspired to be famous rappers and producers so when we heard that there was an audition from a not-so-famous then BigHit, our company, we took our chances and glad we got the spot together." He said simply. I remembered RM. I met him. He was the tallest of the group with beautiful dimples.

"I'm glad you have each other's back. I can't imagine how you and the others worked so hard to be where you are now." I said while taking a sip of the rosé.

"Well enough about me. What made you choose to work here in Seoul?"

"Honestly, I don't know why. It is going to sound weird but I had a dream months ago. I don't remember the dream exactly, but I remembered the intense feeling that I needed to come here. As if something or someone is waiting for me." I said shrugging.