Chapter 13- Serendipity

Songs:

BTS= Make it Right

Jimin of BTS= Serendipity

****************************

Jetlag was the worst. After only sleeping for a few hours, I woke up barely at six in the morning. My body felt like I needed at least a week to recover but my brain wouldn't allow me to fall back to sleep.

After laying down for fifteen minutes willing myself to go back to sleep to no avail, I sat up groaning and belatedly decided to get ready for the morning. I pulled the white comforter to the side and brought my legs to the edge of the bed. Looking outside the peaceful night, I checked my phone for any messages and emails. One email was from Dr. Kim and one voicemail from Mr. Yoongi.

I pressed play on the voicemail and Mr. Yoongi's husky smooth voice greeted me.

"I talked to manager Seijin and he told me he would let me know later this evening. Also...I have a concert ticket available so I was thinking maybe you want to come to our concert? I know you're here for your dad's recovery but when you feel like coming or if you don't, I totally get it...Uhm... Yeah, I'm blabbering. I'll go now." With a beep, the voicemail ended. I saw Mr. Yoongi as a composed level headed man, hearing him nervous in inviting me to their concert was adorable.

I never thought of attending BTS concerts. But a free concert wouldn't hurt anyone, would it? I just started listening to their songs, going to a BTS concert for the first time would be a dream.

I decided that I needed to figure things out first before agreeing.

The message from Dr. Kim asked me how my dad was doing and he offered help in case I ever needed it.

Standing up with wobbly legs, I walked to the bathroom. With two white rectangular under-mount vertical sinks, the bronze-toned waterfall faucets matched the vintage beige bordered mirror attached to the wall. Hanging on top was a wide bronze three-light bath light. On the side of the room was a frameless sliding shower door in anodized brushed bronze with blade handles. On the left side of the room was an empty walked-in closet except for the clothes I brought in my luggage.

Brushing my teeth and taking a shower helped wake me up. I emptied up my luggage and decided to wear a simple skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt. I partnered it with a Brunello Cucinelli tweed double-breasted tobacco-colored blazer and knee-high black boots. I put a little bit of concealer to help hide the evidence of only sleeping for three hours. Few strokes of mascara and lip balm, I looked like I had slept for more than three hours. Thank God for the miracle of makeup.

Checking the time on my phone, I noticed the time was almost six-forty-five.

I left the room and heard mom preparing breakfast in the kitchen. Mom was wearing her usually immaculate self. The royal blue cashmere turtleneck sweater matched her blue eyes. She partnered it with white pants and nude Manolo heels.

"Good morning honey. You're awake early." She said as she was sipping coffee.

"Jet-lag" I simply said and went straight to the coffee machine to prepare my coffee.

"I'm sorry dear. I made a breakfast casserole for you and it's in the oven."

"Thanks, Mom. Did you eat already?"

"I already had an avocado toast. I also need to get going. Traffic's going to be a pain early this morning." She grabbed her jacket hanging on the sofa in the living room.

"I'll see you later honey. Please eat the whole thing. You're too skinny." She hugged me and walked towards the door.

"Mom, I'm not. By the way, before you leave, can I borrow one of your cars?" I asked.