Chapter 6

"Yes Mom,am definitely going to be at the party".I hush her on the phone and close it.

Am having a bad headache which happens to me often.Tomorrow is the party and I have to go,I don't usually decline their invitation but I also wish I could stop the headache from happening.It's feels like my head is about to burst,I didn't bring my painkillers-it's helps me a lot in conquering the headache.I just can't focus on anything.I grab my head trying to ease the pain away.

"Mel,Mr Champagne is here to see you.He has an appointment".Kim said.

"Let him in".I try to stand up.

Kim came in fully,"Are you okay?".

"P.....Painkillers,go get some for me".I sat down back still holding my head.

"I will be right back".She left immediately.

Gosh this is worse

A knock came through,It's Michael.I don't want him to see me in this vulnerable state that I am.I try to get hold of myself and sat down properly even though my head aches a lot.

He isn't wearing a suit.He wore a jersey with a huge knitted leather jacket and then wore another huge coat with a boot.It's the month of winter.I myself wore a leather jacket and yet still feeling cold."Afternoon Mr Champagne".My head hurts a lot.

"Afternoon Miss Anderson".He sat down paying a good attention at me.

"What brings you here?".My head is pounding.

Where are you Kim?

"I was just passing by and I thought to see you".

Since when?

I stood up,"That's a good move,I will show you some of the sketches I made.....

"You are coming to the party right?".He ask suddenly.

"Of course,I won't miss it".I check some of my shelf and saw the sketches.I took it and pass it to him.

He opens it and check it with admiration,"This is goo......

He stop halfway when he notice I put my hands on my head.He stood up immediately.

"Ahhh.....It hurts".I hold the wall for comfort but he grab my hand.

"Melanie,Melanie talk to me what's happening to you?".He hold my waist and made me rest on him.

"My......head aches,I.......can't control it".Tears drop down from my eyes.

I heard him groan,"Pain Reliver?don't you have a Medicine for it uhh?".

He ungrasp my waist,he open my drawer and started searching for some medicine,I couldn't even tell him I didn't have some.

Stop stop......come back.....Ahhh!!!

"Ahhh".I hold my head trying not to remember the past.

Michael came to my aid and hold me from collapsing.I couldn't help but remember everything.I didn't know what's happening or what am doing.All I could see right now is the flashes of the past.

"No,Melanie,stop this c'mon".I fell down with him on the floor.

Stop.........come back

I took a hold of his coat,"C.....C.....ome, b....ack.........p......lease".

Stop......come back!!

"I said come back........please".I bury my face on his chest crying.Tears are suddenly rolling from my eyes as I remember the past I tried to bury.

"It's okay,you are going to be fine".He gently pat my back the way my mom does for me.

The door open,"Am back with the painkillers".

"God Mel you okay?".She knelt down and touch me sincerely.

Michael open the painkillers and pour a glass of water,he knelt before me and gave it to me.My hands were suddenly trembling,he open my mouth and force it down my throat,he gave me water to digest it.I rested my head against Kim's shoulder,it wasn't comfort like Micheal's.

"Gosh Mel you're a mess,is it the headache again?".Kim ask and I nod my head.

"Again?How long has this been happening?".Micheal holds me and made me stand up.

Kim stood up with us,"For as long as.......

I gave her an hard glare motioning her to keep her mouth shut.I don't want Michael to see me as a girl who needs emotional help,am far from that.My mind doesn't usually remembers the past but when I have headaches,I often remember that incidents and I have breakdowns.I just take it in but now I felt embarrass because he saw everything and I was in his arms.

"You should go home and rest".Kim consider.

"No am fine".

"I will drop you off".He grab my hand and walk us off the door.

"Wait,I can go home myself".

"In your state?No way".He walk me to the parking lot.

I wish I bought a coat cause it's so cold.He took off his coat and put it on me in a gentle manner.He opens the car for me,I went in.He drive slowly."Thank you for everything".

"Don't expect anything from me anymore".He focus his eyes on the road.

I gaze at him surprise at his sudden cold behavior,"Expect?When did I ever expect anything from you.You were the one who decided to help me at the office".

"Have never expected anything from you".That's not true,you expected his help at the spa and got dissapointed.

I sigh.His face held no emotions.Is he a chameleon,he acted so caring and loving towards me an hour ago,and now he is back to the heartless jerk.Which personality fits him more anyway?

We got home as I quickly unlock my seat-belts and came out.I am glad he didn't ask questions about my past or what I was saying at the office,am sure to him I was just muttering nonsense.We stare at each other with different thoughts in mind,I want to kiss him as act of really saying thank you.He open his car door and went in,he didn't even turn back or waited for me to go in first before he enters his car.His coat is still on me.He put his seatbelt on in his car and drove off,I could have told him about the coat but I didn't want to.I want to keep a part of him forever.And anyway,He forgot it because he was in a hurry to leave so it's his fault.