Run For Our Lives

This chapter is based on the Chanyeol x Baekhyun (Chanbaek) ship!
- - 

February 14th

Baekhyun's POV:

"Hey, Yoda. Where are you taking me?" I tap my boyfriend's shoulder, frowning at his suspicious behavior.

"It's a surprise, Baek. Calm down~" He doesn't look back, still walking with our hands entwined... more like dragging me while I keep a death grip on his hand...

"I'm tired~ We've been walking for a really long time..." I whine, my legs actually about to give in.

"Baekhyun." 

Chanyeol completely ignores my statement, saying my name with a softened voice.

"Remember when we met?"

Of course I do.

"Yeah. I slapped you for insulting me during my first presentation in front of the CEO." I giggle, thinking of the throwback and the mixed emotions.

"...and here," I point. "we would have seating for elders."

"Why would elders visit a waterpark, Mr. Byun? Have you ever even been to a waterpark?" Mr. Park, a visualization manager at the meeting rudely interrupts me for the 3rd time. 

"Mr. Park Chanyeol." I put on a fake smile. "Many families come to waterparks together. The specific waterpark that we're building has the concept of bringing families together. Wouldn't elders want to come watch their grandchildren? Maybe you're the one who hasn't ever visited a waterpark?" 

I smirk at the way the young adult nervously adjusts his tie.

"Carry on, Mr. Byun," he replies in a low tone.

"Baekhyun... will you go out with me?" Park Chanyeol asks anxiously, after leaving the building that day with me.

"...Excuse me?"

"I was wondering... if you'd like to have dinner together?" He repeats, not having found anything wrong in his question.

"You jerk!" I turn around, landing a slap on his face.

"One, you want to act all high and mighty to me after insulting me during the meeting? Two, I'm not into younger, immature guys, so leave me alone!" I yell.

The red mark I had left on his face stayed for at least 3 days... I was kinda guilty? ...not really.

"Wait- yes, that time, but not that specific part!" Chanyeol panics, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Why?" I laugh. "That was the best part." 

His face goes red, trying to maintain his compusure. "Then what about the time I apologized, and we actually went on a first date?"

"After you begged me for weeks?" I snicker, having too much fun teasing him.

"Baekhyun!" he whines, acting like a child.

"Fine. Yes, I remember us starting out in low jobs, being complete enemies because we were fighting for the same position." I smile, letting him have his answer.

"And you remember our real first date. One that you genuinely agreed to, after I opened up to you?" He ruffles my hair affectionately.

"Yeah. I was really happy that day." I smile, thinking of the memory.