Taken Away

Jungwoo's POV:

"Kim Jungwoo, will you go to the dance with me?"

Yes.

All of a sudden, Yukhei's hands on my waist become much more evident, as well as his kind, knowing, smile. 

I want to cry happy tears.

"Yes, Xuxi. Always yes."

And the world stops around us.

- - 

Yuqi's POV:

"Kim Jungwoo, will you go to the dance with me?"

No, this can't be happening. 

They're going to ruin my rep-

I like Lucas. I want Lucas to be mine.

But what am I more scared of?

The fact that I've just been sequentially rejected?

Or the torture that's about to come in school from some cruel girls who've ruined me?

My confidence, taken away.

"Yuqi? Um.. that skirt doesn't really fit you." Raewon states, loud enough for the whole hallway to hear, as well as Minnie, who was at the door.

'She's going to look at me weirdly. Have my hips really gotten wider than they should? I need to go home.'

My self-worth, taken away.

"You're being kind of annoying. I'm pretty sure Minnie wouldn't like that... but she wouldn't like you anyways. You're out of her league, you freak."

My passions, taken away.

"I want to be a businesswoman when I grow up and take the companies by storm."

"Women in suits? Wouldn't you rather be a dancer like me and be pretty? You can't show people that you look good when you're in a suit, Yuqi. You're so weird. You'll fail."

And lastly, my family.

"Your brothers are disgusting! I saw one of them at a grocery store with his boyfriend and they looked terrible together! I can't believe you're from that family. Don't you hate it?"

And what can you do, if you don't have the family support that you need?

My dads say that they can help me, and yet no one's been able to defend me or see that something was wrong this whole time. If they can't help me, who can even help me anymore? Lucas was my last option and yet the world can't even work in my favor. 

Jungwoo betrayed me.

He said it would be fair, but he knew he had an advantage. He KNEW it, didn't he?

He doesn't know what it's like to have your heart broke. He couldn't have known, because he gets everything he wants. The spoiled person he is.

The world has pushed me to its lowest, and now going underground once I go back to school.

I wipe my tears away, closing my curtains harshly and gagging at Lucas and Jungwoo having a lovey-dovey moment outside. 

I'm taking back what's mine. This society has thrown me out like I'm nothing and I'm here to show it what it's done. 

I'm doing the right thing.

For everybody? no.

For me? ...

- - 

THIRD PERSON POV:

Jungwoo walks back into the house, his soul feeling as if it was outside of his body with how happy and elated he was.

"How was the proposal, cheater?"

He looks to see Yuqi leaning on the wall, her eyes slightly red, and the realization that she must be hurt comes flooding at him.

"Gogi... I'm so sorry that it's this way. I'm sorry that I'm happy for what made you sad. I'm so sorry." he walks over to her with soft eyes, about to caress her hair.

She flinches away.

"If you were really sorry, you would've said no."

"Gogi... that's not fair." he responds, the sympathy he felt being twisted.

"You get everything that you want, Jungwoo! Don't even call me Gogi anymore. You don't get what it's like to be called abnormal in every single way! Everyone gives you attention because you're cute and playful and they like that. What about me? I have to work so hard for everything. You have it so freaking easy." she retaliates, venom running through her veins.

"G- Yuqi... I know you don't mean it... this is about Raewon, isn't it?" 

"Stop changing the subject. You said that I could have Lucas!"

"We said that we'd let him choose for himself, Yuqi!"

"You could've at least have given me a real chance. You're in the same grade as him and yet with your annoying, flirty, attention-seeking personality, you decided to be a nuisance and win him over. You're not that perfect, you know. Remember when you tried to impress an old crush so desperately hard that you even put on makeup and almost tried to get plastic surgery, and he called you pathetic? Because that's what you are. Even Raewon agrees."

Attention-seeking. Annoying. Nuisance. Ugly. Pathetic.

All of Jungwoo's trusted insecurities, let out in the air, like breaking an old wound open again.

And the whole family was watching the fight.

When Jungwoo felt his world spinning, he looked to the side.

There was Lucas, standing there, hearing about how shallow Jungwoo was. Hearing about a secret that mortified him so much, that he only told Yuqi. 

Attention seeking, 

Annoying, 

Nuisance, 

Ugly, 

Pathetic.

There was no recovering now,

so Jungwoo runs out of the house.

- -