I'm Used To Heartbreak

YUQI'S POV:

*Present Time*

"Wait, Jungwoo...don't cry please." I hug my sensitive brother, rubbing his back.

"The thing is-" I pause, "-you don't have to give him up. We'll let Lucas choose." 

"Did I just throw away all of my chances? No."

"I'm just going to have to get on the same level as Jungwoo so that Lucas can make a fair choice...

My brother looks up at me with red eyes. 

"Yuqi, I love you so much. We'll never let anything get in between us." he says, making me feel a small pit of guilt at the bottom of my stomach. 

"I'm going to go hang out with Baekhyun." he smiles and leaves my room.

"I'm only doing this to be fair. It's not cheating. I'm just making sure that Lucas realizes all of his choices. That's it." I say to myself, trying to justify my guilt.

"Is this wrong?"

JUNGWOO'S POV:

*The Next Day at School*

"Five plus five! Get over here right now!" I scream in the middle of the hallway, causing Ten to run over and shove his hand on my mouth a bit too late.

"That's not my name, biscuit." he sighs.

"Then why did you respond to it?" I smirk at him.

He raises his hand, looking like he's about to slap my uwus away, before I drag him to the bathroom.

"Guess what," I whisper to him, crouching behind the bathroom door.

"What?" Ten responds, sitting next to me.

"I have a crush~" I sing.

"Oh my god, my child is growing up." he dramatically wipes a fake tear away.

"So who is it~" he smirks at me, already eliminating people from his mental list.

"ᴵᵗ'ˢ ʸᵘᵏʰᵉᶦ" I whisper, even quieter this time.

A squeal can be heard all the way to the cafeteria, from your one and only, fruit-hater.

"I was shipping this since day 1! I need to make a matchmaking service, honestly." Ten cheers.

I giggle at him, and pull him out of the bathroom, since it's almost time for morning announcements.

Ten and I head towards the nearest TV monitor in the hallway and stand there to watch the announcements.

"Welcome to Keep Running! C-SATS are starting soon for seniors, so we've recruited two new temporary hosts for SM High's morning announcement show!" the announcer, Wendy, speaks.

A drumroll is heard from the speakers.

"These announcers are Wong Yukhei and Kim Yuqi!"