Just Choose Someone Already

*The Next Day At School*

JUNGWOO'S POV:

"BEST FRIEND AKA CHITTAPHON LEECHAIYAPORNKUL WHERE ARE YOU?" I scream into my phone.

"JUNGWOO, RESPECT MY DAMN EARS." Ten yells back on the other end of the call.

"Fine. Why are you late to school?" I ask, calmer now.

"Long story, but I was dreaming about Johnny again and we were having a picnic and it was just one of those days where I didn't want to-"

"Just tell me when you get here. Class is about to start and I don't feel like getting yelled at by Mr. Nam." I say, hanging up.

'This boy drives me crazy..'

Class starts with the morning announcements, done by the two people who are way too familiar to me.

"Good Morning SM Highschool! Lucas and I are the new MC's for your Keep Running announcements." Yuqi introduces them, smiling a bit too excitedly.

"Today, all students with after school detention will report to Mr. Kim's room. Today's lunch is kimchi and rice." Yukhei says.

'Ugh, he looks so handsome while just talking about lunch~'

"So Lucas, what important school event do we have today?" Yuqi asks him for entertainment, nudging him a bit with her shoulder.

I pout, disapprovingly.

If she's going to flirt with him, then she should at least flirt well.

"Today, we have an assembly for the school basketball team in the Gym, before lunch. I hope you enjoy it!" He smiles. 

'That means that I'll be seeing Yukhei playing with his team! The world is in my favor today.'

Ten suddenly hits my shoulder. 

"Everyone can see you and your whipped self drooling at the giant. Get it together~" He teases me. 

"Says the person who was dreaming about Johnny." I retort, going back to admiring the work of art on the screen. 

Ten just scoffs, and goes back to doodling on his paper. 

"...and that's the end of our announcements for today!" Yuqi concludes. She surprises everyone by holding up her and Yukhei's hands, making it seem like they were holding hands under the table.

'I want to hate her, but how can I hate her?'

"Let it go, Woo. She doesn't stand a chance against someone as interesting as you." Ten rubs my back, comfortingly. 

I nod my head, sighing.

'I wish Yukhei could somehow make this simpler. Just choose someone already.'

Mr. Nam turns off the TV, starting class. Somehow, sleep takes over me and I end up not-so-secretly falling asleep in class.

"Kim Jungwoo! What did I just say?" Mr. Nam yells, waking me up.

"Your dog...speaks Chinese?" I randomly say, half consciously. (A/N: All my Eric Nam stans know the vibe here)

Mr. Nam just groans and slaps a detention pass on my desk. I nod, not caring. I'm friends with Mr. Kim who runs detention, so I'll be just fine.

*After School*

The basketball assembly...was something to die for. I'm not trying to be obsessive here, but Yukhei in that jersey- that was hot. Ten was screaming about Johnny the whole time, but I can't blame him. We're just weird together like that.

I walk into Mr. Kim's room, setting my backpack on the ground next to my desk. I take out a book to read, bored out of my mind.

______ takes ______'s hand and spins them back towards ______. "I love you. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, but I love you. You make my heart flutter and I love you from your smile to your heart."

Sigh, I love romance. If only these things would actually happen to me...

"A romance novel? I shouldn't be surprised." I hear a familiar voice laughing next to me.

"Yukhei~ let me be the hopeless romantic that I was born to be." I pout, turning to him.

"Maybe I could take the "hopeless" out of "hopeless romantic" for you~" he responds.

'That's a great joke.'

"Stop doing that. It makes my heart beat faster." I respond with a serious face, turning back to my book. "Why are you even here?"

"I forgot to turn in my math homework." he sighs. 

"Yukhei~ you were supposed to do that last night." I whine.

"You're so cute~" he deflects my words.

'He...doesn't mean it...' 

Yukhei seems to frown as I think that. Weird.

'...but what if he did?'

-

I'm so sorry that I've gone on hiatus recently. I've had a lot going on with school and stuff. I deeply hope that you guys are safe and healthy! Take care of yourselves~ I love you!