I Think It's Working

This chapter is based on the Johnny x Ten (Johnten) ship!
- - 

February 14th ~ Afternoon

Ten's POV:

"Hyung~ can you sue the school for not giving us any classes together today?" I cling onto my tall boyfriend's arm, walking with him through the hallway after our last classes.

"Ten, we had lunch together." Johnny laughs, looking down at me.

"Lunch? Lunch isn't enough! You were more focused on your food than on me." I gently hit his shoulder, joking with him.

"Well you have me all to yourself now." He shrugs, wrapping his arm around me. "You're so pocket-sized, Ten. It's adorable~" 

At that random compliment, I blush. 

Sure, I love my personality and the confidence to not need to be babied or cared for, but with Johnny, I actually enjoyed it.

"Can we bake cookies when we get home? I already have the ingredients." I ask.

"Yeah, as long as you don't burn them... your Mom would kill you." 

"Of course she would. I'm sure if Minnie did the same thing they wouldn't get mad." I pout, slightly bitter.

They always preferred her more.

Johnny walks in front of me, stopping us. "Hey, I know things aren't that fair with you and your little sister, but let's cheer you up~ You should only be focusing on me. Last time I checked, you weren't dating Minnie." 

Ah, I love him.

"No, ew. I'm not dating my sister, Johnny." I give him a disgusted face, but hug him. "Thank you."

"Anytime, Tennie." He wraps his arms around me... am I that pocket-sized? Maybe...

"Let's go make those cookies then!" 

Somehow, I ended up with flour all over my face, and Johnny looking perfectly fine. 

"Congratulations for having the bright idea of blowing on the flour, Ten." My boyfriend snickers.

"I wanted to live my best life, okay!" I sigh, trying to clean myself up, before starting to stir the batter.

And... the batter was too watery.

"You put too much water." He laughs at me struggling to add more flour.

"No, the flour just ended up on my face. I'm sorry that I taste better than those cookies!" I say, causing his face to go red. "Wait! Not like that-" 

"Aish, you two." Minnie walks into the kitchen, looking scared at the mess we made.

"Minnie! I swear, if you don't leave Johnny and I right now-"

"I'M LEAVING!" She announces before I can even finish my threat.

"Siblings.." Johnny sighs.

"Wait! Ten, I have a question." Minnie comes back, but asks this in Thai.

So that Johnny doesn't hear?

"Can you read minds?" I freeze at the question.

"Ten, can you hear this?"

"Ten, what am I thinking about?"

"I don't think he inherited it... what a shame. Both my sister's sons can do it. Let's hope that Minnie can at least."

"Go to Mom and Dad." My mood immediately changes as she leaves.

"Ten?" 

I'm snapped out as I hear Johnny's voice again.

"Yeah?" I look up at him, a bit too emotional right now.

"I don't know what it was, but I'm here, okay? I'll love you no matter what your family is like. I'm not them and I love you unconditionally. Whether... you can read minds or not." 

"Huh?" 

How did he-

"I learnt it so that we can speak together. Since you already learnt English for me." He smiles, patting me on the head.

"Ugh, I love you." I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him softly but meaningfully.

Every time our hearts touch, sparks rise.

He kisses back, before we separate and I move back to the batter.

"I'll tell you more... later." I start stirring the messed up dough again.

Oh wait- It's improving!

"Johnny... I think it's working!" I look up at him with the happiest eyes.

"Ten Lee, you're the cutest and prettiest boy in the world..." 

thank you for reading! 

this chapter was slightly shorter, just for the sake of johnten nation, and a small plot... i hope you enjoyed it <3