Electric Hearts

Lucas's POV:

It really felt like I was floating.

I had everything I ever wanted in one person right beside me.

Except for the fact that I'd made it into the same room of the hospital three times this week, without telling him.

How do you even tell someone that you're a mind reader?

"Hey, just wanted to pop in and say that I'm a mind reader and can read your thoughts, and when I'm tired and in crowded places I can't control how many thoughts I hear at a time so I end up fainting! Fun!"

No. And that's just telling a normal person.

How would I tell someone like Jungwoo?

'Aish, I love strawberry season.'

I look over to the boy beside me, who was stuffing his face with strawberries like the cutest thing in the world.

"Me too." I reply.

"Wha-?" he looks up, finally swallowing so he won't choke.

"You said you loved strawbe-"

Frick- I did it again.

"Nevermind." I shrug it off, trying to regain my thoughts.

Wong Yukhei.. how are you always mixing up the sound of thoughts and actual speech?

And scarily, I've been doing that a lot. 

Jungwoo probably thinks I'm scarce on sleep, but he's only one step away from asking real questions...

...which is what happened a week later.

"Yukhei, we said that we would be truthful to each other!" Jungwoo exclaims, frowning.

"I know- I just couldn't tell you this, Woo." I say, frustrated.

"You couldn't tell me that you were in the hospital 8 times this month? Xuxi, I don't know what happened to you, but you could've died for all I know!" he tears up.

I pull him into my arms, holding him tightly and feeling my boyfriend breathe, resting his head on my shoulder.

"I just don't know how to tell you..." my voice goes quiet for once.

They say that if someone doesn't love you after they know your biggest secret, then they're not the one...

...but Jungwoo IS the one. And if he can't deal with this truth, I don't know what to do.

"I'm sorry Jungwoo." 

Warm tears start falling down my face as well. 

Out of everything I've faced, this seemed so hard. 

In just a minute, there was a 50-50 chance that the only person who seemed to cure me would leave me.

'Tell me. No matter how messy the truth is. I'd rather know.' I hear his thoughts again, the most soothing thing in my head.

"Tell me the truth, Xuxi. Please." he pleads.

"I'm a mind reader. I've always been able to read your thoughts as well as everyone else's..." I take a deep breath. "When I'm in crowds, I sometimes get painful headaches because of overflowing thoughts, and I faint. I've been tired recently and unable to filter most of them. That's why I've been in the hospital a lot."