Chapter 45: The Missing Chapter

Not part of the story, if you don't care about author's notes, skip this chapter. Thank you for reading!

          This chapter was originally going to be a 200k special... three years ago, on this day. Since then, I have dropped off the edge of the earth several times when it comes to posting. 

          Now, at the time of writing this, this crappy attempt at a fun story sits at the top of the #zuko and #atla rankings on Wattpad. The amount of support you guys have given me, whether I'm here to see it or not, is insane to me.

          I've really missed writing recently, and have returned to my old stories to read them, including all your comments, which send me every single time. No matter how many stupid lines, more than questionable plot holes, many many grammar and spelling mistakes, and your character going through the literal hell of nearly dying every single chapter, you all have read this book, some of you several times.

          I'm looking back in some state of shock. "Find Me" originally started typed out in the notes app on my phone, sitting in a hot tub in the pouring rain. (Side note: if you ever get the chance to write fanfiction under an umbrella you brought out to a hot tub in the middle of a rainstorm, take it, it's an experience.) I posted it mostly to have a record of my writing in a format I like more than Word or Google Docs, where it was organized specifically for books. 

          We're sitting at a staggering 1.6 million views now between the 59 chapters of this book. I love that so many of us have stayed up until 3AM just for some random Avatar fanfiction... it's a strange and sometimes worrying community, but I love it the same. Most of us are just kids with an imagination is all.

          Anyways, this is a small announcement of my new (and first ever) posting schedule. I'm working on the sequel to this book again, and I think updating weekly is a good happy medium. Wattpad isn't my life, and it shouldn't be yours either, but we can enjoy ourselves in our free time.

                    Posting Every Thursday 12AM Mountain Time

          Happy 1+ Million to Find Me! In celebration, I spent an hour drawing your favorite firebender boys, since digital art is a major passion of mine along with writing. I didn't bother to fully render anything, but here is the "official" art of Zaji & Amo, two characters you all LOVED despite their very small part in the story. I drew Zuko in for size reference, and also he IS the star of the book, so it would be a crime not to include him. 

Zaji, Amo, then Zuko Left to Right (just for reference)

          I'm sure many of you are way better artists, so now that you technically have a canon character design, message me with any art you create of them, I'd love to see.

                       Signing off again, 

                                                      StarSensitive