Chapter 12

AMELIA POV

"I can't believe you don't want a bachelorette party," I tell Jodie. We were all at Jasmine's house for lunch, fawning over her precious baby.

"I didn't get to throw one for this bitch," Jasmine points at me "and now not you either."

"I'm sorry guys, but oiled up strippers and straws in the shape of dicks really isn't something that I find fun." She says.

"Don't apologise Jodie, this is your day and if you don't want to do anything we don't have to." I reassure her.

"Thank you." She smiles gratefully "besides you're getting married soon so we can throw you a party then?" She says.

"Yeah we could do that." I shrug and Jasmine's face lights up.

"Are you sure though Jodie? It doesn't have to be a strip club, we can just dress up and go out for drinks?" Jasmine offers.

"Yeah something low-key? It's a Wednesday night so it won't be too busy anyway." I chip in.

"Actually," she stops to think "that does sound kind of fun, let's do it."

"Great, look hot ladies! I need to pump before we leave." She groans "Mel, you're in charge of picking a place with your billionaire connections."

We both leave, planning to meet up at my house before we leave for the club.

We weren't going to go crazy, as per Jodie's request, but just enjoy some drinks in the club and enjoy ourselves to relax before the wedding.

"Hey baby," I give Alexander, who's working on his laptop in my kitchen, a kiss on the cheek.

"How was lunch?" He asks me, completely engrossed in his work.

"It was fun, Jasmine's baby is so adorable." I say pouring some orange juice into 2 glasses for each of us "I'm going out for some drinks tonight, for Jodie's bachelorette party."

"Which one is Jodie again?" He asks and I roll my eyes, he was never interested in my friends.

"The one who just got engaged." I say, hoping I ring some bells for him.

"If you are going out tonight, I received an invitation for this new club opening in Central Park. Why don't you guys go there?" He suggests.

"You're not going?" I ask.

"I'm tired, my trip to London wasn't great." He sighs.

I could tell, his voice seemed groggy and he had faint dark circles under his eyes.

"Why is the club opening on a Wednesday night?" I change the subject.

"It's just an opening party, invite only, probably for celebrities and such. It's open for the public this weekend." He clarifies.

"Makes sense, alright." I agree to go.

After doing a quick workout and having a shower, I start getting ready. Jasmine and I agreed to wear purple to compliment Jodie's black dress and since it was her favourite colour.