Chapter 7

"So now we both get to torment you when you go out in public?" Jared asked, walking up to the Kleinman's house with Evan and Connor.

I mean, it would be very helpful if you didn't. This is really important, and I can't fuck this up.

Evan knocked on the door, hoping that someone answered it soon so he didn't need to deal with Jared and Connor.

"Yeah, the entire world is basically on your shoulders right now, Evan," Connor said, crossing his arms like usual as he stood still, waiting for someone to answer the door.

Oh, thanks for the reminder!

"If Alana kept some of her pushy attitude through the transfer here? Well, you're fucked," Connor chuckled.

Two Connors is a fucking nightmare.

"I'm my own separate identity, thank you very much!" Jared frowned.

Sure, alternate.

"Hey!"

When the person who opened the door was Heidi, Evan felt a bit of relief wash over him. Thank god it wasn't Alana.

Wait.

Follow through with the story.

Did that mean he had to love Alana?

Did that mean he'd be forced to use Zoe and Con?

Evan did not want that to happen. If anything, he refused to let that happen. He wasn't going to make the same mistake again.

Hopefully the originals made their way to this timeline soon, or else Evan was going to fuck up the timelines for good.

"For now, Evan, you might want to stick everything to normal," Jared sighed.

Why? Play with a girl's feelings and for what?

"Jared made it seem like they had a decent idea, they just need to be in better contact," Jared replied.

"And the only way for that to happen is if the timelines are so similar that they get even closer to linking up, right?" Connor asked, glancing over at Jared.

He just shrugged. "Dude, I don't know. I'm just saying shit I think is reasonable."

Okay, fine. But the second the originals get here, I'm done.

Jared and Connor nodded, so Evan focused back on Heidi. "I- I'm sorry if I was just standing there for a second, I'm just... really nervous."

That was honestly pretty true. Alana could be intimidating, especially if she was interrogating someone. Evan would know, because he's been there before. This was honestly a bit nerve-wracking.

"Oh no, don't worry about it!" Heidi smiled, walking towards the kitchen. Evan followed her in, closing the door behind him. "We have dinner already. We even set up a place for you!"

"Jared's old seat," Alana mumbled, glaring over at Evan. "Why are you here anyways?"

"Alana, now is not the time to be picking fights," Cynthia snapped, taking some chicken and eating a bit of it.

Evan took a deep breath before grabbing some himself, not eating too much because frankly, he wasn't that hungry.

"You're never hungry, Evan," Connor said, glancing over at the table.

Yeah, but it plays into the act of mourning, so shut up.

"You know, it really doesn't settle well that you're about to lie to my entire family," Jared stated. "Is this really what you did in your timeline?"