Chapter 18

A couple of days passed. Jared managed to get back home without anyone catching him gone the night he went to visit Evan.

Heidi was still checking in on him. Every. Single. Day. Though, the more Jared thought about it, the more she became exactly like the Cynthia from his timeline. She wasn't just heartbroken, she was also bored. She had nothing to do, her entire life was repetitive. She was Buddhist last year, as said by Jay, but not this year. The more Jared was forced to be near Heidi, the more he became desensitized.

She was Cynthia's clone, and Jared was never close with Cynthia. In fact, he resonated her with one of the major reasons Evan got into a ton of shit in the first place. Jared didn't blame her or anything, but he also thought Cynthia was out of her place pressurizing Evan into saying Connor and him were friends.

Apparently, in this timeline, Evan wasn't pressured by Heidi, though, so maybe this timeline was more redeemable than the original. Once all of this was over, it would go back to normal. Everything would be normal. Jared had to keep reminding himself that.

"Jared!"

Jared snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Alana's voice calling him from the hall. Jay would be filled with rage by hearing her, shouting at her to force her to go away. Jared, though, was so exhausted by all of this, that his yells towards her were from an origin of tiredness. He was done, done with all of this.

"What?!"

"Moms need you."

At least the fact that Jared had two moms stayed consistent. "Tell them I want to stay in my room."

"I'm not telling them anything." Alana opened the door to Jared's room, glaring at him. "You know, you might've come back from the dead. Even if both of them are fooled, I know something's different with you."

Shit.

Jay seemed surprised. "I didn't think she paid enough attention to me to tell the difference."

We don't have time to think about that right now, how do I respond?

"I don't know."

What do you mean you don't know?!

"I don't know, Jared!"

"Did you say something?" Alana glanced over at Jared.

He flinched. Jared flinched, scared of this entire situation. Alana noticed it, but before she could say anything, Jared stood up from his bed.

"I didn't say shit. The real question is what the fuck happened to you." Jared ran out of his room, but right before he passed Alana, he shoved her.

It wasn't too hard. She didn't fall over or anything, but she did get shoved back a step or two. She was about to call after him, but Jared was already downstairs at that point, so there was no reason. Instead, she rolled her eyes before following after her previously-dead brother.

"Jared, Alana." Cynthia listed off their names as they walked down the stairs. Jared offered no reply to her out of spite, mostly out of the fact that Cynthia was Larry, and the fact that she was a lawyer now kind of freaked him out. Alana, on the other hand, didn't reply because she had nothing to add. "Me and your mom are taking you to the mall."

Jay let out a laugh. "The mall?"

Shut up.

"You're in for a treat! The mall with three women!"

Dude-

"I wonder what makeup they'll get. You should get some eyeshadow."

Jay, be quiet!