Chapter 3: Breckon

"Goddamn that was close. You two alright?" Breckon radioed me. "Breckon. Jack... Jack's dead." "*Sigh* Come up to my office. We'll talk here. Do not! I repeat! Not a word to Sally! Not yet at least." Breckon ordered. "Yes sir." I lower the radio and entered the tower. We have families here to. It's not just us. Men, women, children. This world has really changed me. I know some men who committed suicide because of this world. I wish Godzilla was still alive. It would've taken out Gigan and Orga before they could destroy the world. Hell even the Xilians. It could've brought down their ship.

"Peter. Where's Jack?" The guard by the elevator asked. "He... didn't make it." I said with a sad tone. "Better go up to Breckon and tell 'em then." He said while the elevator door opened. I entered and waited. The doors opened and I saw Breckon standing there, looking out the window. Into the ruins of Redwood. "Sir-" "How did he die?" He cut me off. "Violanties." He walked over to his desk. "Goddamnit!" He said punching a lamp off of his desk. "Listen. He was my closet friend, Breckon." "2029. Peter its 2029! Its been fifteen years since Gigan and Orga destroyed our world." He said. "My wife's dead. My child. Everything is gone." He said. "Another friend. Gone." Breckon said.

"Sally. Come up here. We need to talk." He said. "Here we go." I muttered. "Dammit. What are we gonna tell her?" I asked. "The truth. It's the best thing to do." Breckon replied. I nodded. "What's up? You wanted to see me? Wait. Where's my husband?" Sally said. I looked at her with a sad expression. She shook her head and took off. "Shit. Sally wait!" I said. "Don't. She needs time alone." Breckon said holding my arm.

"We got better things to do. I gotta job for you." He said. "Whatcha got?" "Okay." He took out a map. "Some of the buildings power cut out. We need you to go to the power station. Go to the generator room and start up the power again." "Okay got it." "Get some sleep first. Violanties are still out." I nodded and went to my room.