Chapter 5: Violantie Ambush

I was lying in bed. Tossing and turning until I was startled by a Violantie screech. Then I heard the alarm. "Alert. Alert. Violanties have managed to get the balls to attempt to jump our fence. Some even managed to bust down our fence. Watch your back and prepare to defend the tower." I heard Breckon over the speaker. I took out my double barrel shotgun and kick open my door to see a Violantie pulling on someone's neck. It looked at me and charged. I raised my shotgun and fired it. I hit it in the stomach which caused it to freak out. It started to shake and screech. I put it out of its misery by putting a bullet in its head. "Burn in hell." I muttered.

"Help! Please!" I heard a female voice call. It sounded like a 14 year old. I raced toward the voice and found her holding off against a Violantie. She was swinging a bat back and forth. I shot it in the leg. Then executed it. "You okay?" I asked. She didn't answer and just hugged me. "Thank you. Thank you." She said crying. "No problem." We then let go of each other. She had a baseball cap and short light brown hair with bangs. She also had a red t-shirt with white sleeves and a pair of jeans with black skate shoes. I'm guessing she's a tomboy. Two Violanties then ran past. "Shhh. They were attracted by the sound." I said. "Try not to cry." "I'll try." She said. She was close to crying, it sounded like it. Three Violanties then rammed through the wall. "AHHH!" The girl shouted.

She grabbed my sides and hid behind me. Thankfully, five guards with flame throwers came in and shot the flames at the Violanties. They screeched in pain. One got away. The other two died by the fire. "You two alright?" "Yeah we're fine." I replied. "Peter. I know you man, you don't have a daughter." "I found her in here. The girl's tough as nails." "Really? How?" "Well she defended herself against a Violantie." Their eyes widen. "Where's your parents kid?" She looked toward the kitchen and we saw her mothers guts all over the place. I couldn't help it. I threw up. The guards did to. "My god. I'm sorry for your lose kid." The guard said who managed to keep his vomit down. "Thanks." She said. "Here, I'll take care of you." I said smiling. She smiled back at me. "Thank you.. Peter?" I nodded. "Okay. I'm Kelly."