Chapter 9: Nice to Meet You

"John Marsh hmm? Nice to meet you." I said holding out my hand. We shook hands and walked out the gun store together to find a Violantie close by. I aimed my gun and was about to pull the trigger. "Don't. It will draw more. Follow me." John said. We crouched down and snuck our way. I was distracted by the Violantie screeching into the cloudy rainy sky and I ended up bumping into another Violantie. It quickly turned around and gave the death stare and ran at me. John grabbed my arm and ran. "Up here!" He shouted. He jumped on a pipe and started to parkour up the building. "I can't do that." I said under my breath. I looked back and saw a pack of Violanties running after me. I had no choice but to start pulling myself up the building.

"That took you long enough." John said as I got up. "Hey I'm not as athletic as you are pal." I said. "It doesn't have to do with anything being athletic. You just gotta practice." As soon as he finished saying that the Violanties jumped on the building forcing us to run again. Another jumped on up ahead. John charged into it with his shoulder causing it to fall of the building. "Wow. You're something aren't ya?" I said. "You just have to man up with these situations." He replied.

It took awhile but we finally managed to out run the Violanties. "Wait! You're staying here?" He said. "Yeah." "Bull! This is my place." He said. "So that's why it looked used. Oh and by the way, I'm taking care of a girl." He just stared at me. "Her name is Kelly. She's fourteen." We stood there awkwardly until he spoke. "She hot?" "W-what?" "The girl. Is she hot?" "What? No she's only a kid." "Age don't matter Peter. As long as their good lookin' you can say she's hot." Man he's weird.