Chapter 3

Chapter 3. Cady.

The psychologist pushed her wheelchair into his office. "Now Cady, I understand why you did this to yourself. Your father explained everything." His voice was soft and sweet. He looked young and almost attractive to Cady. 

"Yes, what did he explain?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Her head felt fine, it was her body that was sore and limp from being in a hospital bed for two days straight. She could feel her weight receding as she talked with the therapist. She hadn't eaten anything since the incident. The hospital had given her food but she couldn't bring herself to eat any of it.

"He explained," the psychologist went on, "that a little more than a week ago you went to a party hosted by the head cheerleader of your school? Is this true?" Their eyes met. Cady was afraid he would see the pain and fear in her olive eyes.

"Yes it is." She bit her lip. Folding her hands in her lap, she looked down at them. 

"Hmm." He hummed and wrote some notes. "Your father also tells me you were drugged? Is this true?" 

"Yes. My drink was spiked. At first I thought I was just getting drunk but then it got worse when I didn't even drink any more. So, I figured my drink must have been spiked or something." She choked back tears of betrayel. She thought Tyler really liked her. Now of course she realized she was wrong but she was still hurt a great deal. 

"Alright. Your father also implied you were raped by the head cheerleader, Darcie's exboyfriend? You wanna talk about that?" He bowed his head and met her gaze. As he picked his head up, Cady's followed. 

"He just asked me to come into a room with him. I followed him up stairs and into a bedroom. I sat on the bed while he locked the door. I thought it was strange that he locked the door and when he turned around, his zipper was down and his pants were unbuttoned. He was proceding to pull his pants down as he climbed on the bed, on top of me and he raped me." She couldn't hold the tears back anymore. They poured out like Niagra Falls. The psychologist passed a box of tissues accross his desk and Cady grabbed a few. 

"Your father also told me that you're being cyberbullied?" The psychologist sat back in his chair, clutching a clipboard. Cady nodded. "Now Cady, we have a special group here that deals with victims of cyberbullying. I would like for you to join the group." His green eyes met hers and she sniffled and nodded slowly.

"Okay. When's the next meeting?" Cady asked. The psychologist passed her a folded paper. Her shakey hands unfolded it and her tear-clouded eyes followed the words as she read aloud in a raspy voice; "Monday through Friday : Hospital, 5:30 - 7:30. Weekends : Hospital, 4:00 - 6:00." Her eyes darted to the clock behind the psychologist, above the windows. It was 2:47. "There's a meeting in an hour? Do you want me to go to that one?" 

He nodded. "Yes. You may have your father bring you clothes from home so you don't have to go to the meeting wearing your hospital gown." He stood up and came around his desk and undid the brakes on Cady's wheelchair.

"Aww, darn! I wanted to make them all jealous of my fabulous dress." Cady joked as she opened her arms to display her gown. The psychologist snickered and rolled Cady's wheelchair out of his office.