4. Work pressure

The following days were filled with happiness. Wuxie was experiencing the days he forgot once again. Wuxie had new cases on his table but he never missed a day without meeting Zhang. Some days they eat together, some days he drops Zhang of at work, or on days wuxie work late, he crashes at Zhang's which is the nearest.

Thus weeks went by. Wuxie started to receive the real pressure of his job as he was assigned a case on illegal drug supply.

[Wuxie's office]

"Xiao Hua why is taking this much time to track a vehicle. Don't we have information on all vehicles in this country?" 

Xiao Hua was one of wuxie's assistant in this case. He is a trained armed police officer and also a skilled techie. Useful both on-field and in office. Wuxie specially asked for Xiao Hua so that he can reduce the number of people to work on this case. From the beginning, wuxie had to go through pressure from some superiors who somehow find the investigation uncomfortable. So he had to be careful, hence only took two assistants. The other one is... Wang pangzi. Wuxie was in doubt recruiting him. He is not fit. He is lazy. He is not punctual. He is not disciplined. And he dresses more like a convict than a police officer. But he got more information about the smuggling circle than any of the databases owned by our department. He is updated with all the drugs and dealings. And he has access to the lower levels of dealers too, thanks to his far from a police look. For the kind of case, he is dealing with wuxie was convinced to select him as the second assistant. But even after days, his team was unable to find any leads. Who? Where? How? All these questions remained unanswered. All wuxie could see was drugs being distributed locally. Even if he arrested the carriers it never stopped the spread. It was all a dead-end for him.

"All we have is a CCTV image. The registration number is fake and the van is highly modified. We won't be able to track down the vehicle in that way. Looking at the shape of it I contacted some vehicle dealers. All the sold vehicles are in use." Xiao Hua replied.

"So, what the van comes from the sky?" Wuxie couldn't figure out a way to find the main dealers. The city is in chaos and the drugs were taking a toll on the young people. He was thinking of all possibilities.

"It's nothing if they have the supplies they can assemble a van. So it will escape the registration. And all automobile parts are readily available here. So if we want to trace the van at least we have to see it. Just a picture won't help."

"Xiao Hua. Is there any other way? Where is that pangzi? He should be here by now. Ahhh. I hope he has something useful."

He dipped his head on the pile of files before him. All of those papers were nothing but trash at this point. Xiao Hua snickered seeing this. He is not that bothered by this case or any case. Xiao Hua is always calm. Wuxie is the opposite. And pangzi there is no information about him. Wuxie walked out of the room and towards the balcony. His office is on the 6th floor and from this balcony, he can fairly see the busy city. He took a deep breath to let the air in, but it was like he is filling up his mind with the thoughts of certain someone. For some time he felt like he is on top of a beautiful mountain breathing the fresh air. It made his mind find the composure. He took out the phone from his pocket and dialed the number.

"Wuxie"

"(Sigh) Xiao ge. Where are you now?"

"Work."

"That I know. I asked whether you are in the office or studio or outside."