The Element Of Destiny

"Unlike you... I don't have a choice. I never did!" Adina growled, her eyes giving the witcher a haunted look.
"How long have you been covering this.." Geralt asked, examining the stretched-out scar of skin on her back, red whelps surrounding the burnt tissue on her back. " Why's it matter to you!" the knight snapped topaz eyes, glaring at amber eyes. Much like Geralt Adina could say, her childhood was semi enjoyable. Though where most daughters had their mothers. Adina had her father, King Clarion. A ruthless patriarch to the kingdom of Abbinshire. The smell of scorching skin could not contain the sound of screams that the young princess had made. The seal between a Wizard was an unshakable mark. What looked to be a mark of flowers and stars had turned into the scornful scar,

A reminder of her mother, much like the harp and her singing, sitting in the window of her bedroom was Adina, tears streaming down her face looking at the destroyed harp that her father took to have the servants destroy. For a princess of 13, she knew that there was a lot more to do with her life. Escaping to the palace stables, dressed in men's clothing, sat Adina next to her horse Buttercup.
"He wants me married off and a mother by 20.." she looked up at the white stead, "Yet I can't even carry the seal of my father's blood." she sighed, brushing dark curls away from her face. Adina knew that her father would see to it that he'd raise a proper family with the lineage of pure wizards. But that wasn't what Adina wanted to do. Her destiny had lied into something greater; she just had to reach out and grab it. In her hand was a sword, and in the other were the reigns. Covered in the crimson cape of the knights of Abbinshire was no longer the princess but instead a knight. In her years to come, she had become a known name in villages and even monsters. But nothing compared to the one that was sitting next to her in the Tavern.
"A Witcher.. my father talked about your kind.. said you couldn't be tru-" She watched as his hand had hit the wood table. His white hair and his taller, muscular stature trying to intimidate her did nothing but provoke her to want to fight. Reaching her arm over for her sword, she felt a grasp on her wrist from the mutant.
"You don't want to do that," he smirked,
"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't slay you right here," she whispered. Hazel eyes, looking directly into wolf-like ones. Adina, all her life, was stories about Witchers and how they were hideous creatures to be slain, but there was something different about this one. He had refused to fight, and on top of that, he walked away.

Flora, on the other hand, was sitting with a young man with brown hair as dark as tree bark,
"Must be a bard." Adina thought to herself, watching the two converse over pints of Ale. Flora, who had been blushing from the tip of her elf ears to her cheeks, was practically enthralled. "I think your singing was wonderful.." the elf smirked. Slithering her hand on the bard's thigh,
"Makes me wonder.." she said, her other hand pressed to her cheek.
"Yes, my love?" he asked, taking his finger under her chin, pulling her face closer to his. She could see the light reflect in his ocean blue eyes and the curve of his lips seducing her to kiss him as the sea kisses land. But she could see forever in his soul. "You and I could make ballads together.. or play baker, and you butter my biscuit." she then looked over at where Adina was sitting, realizing her knight was gone. Jaskier couldn't find Geralt, which in his mind either meant a contract or better.
"Oh fuck.." she mumbled under her breath.
"Perhaps another time.." he sighed, watching the other bard leave. Sometime's following Geralt made him lose opportunities.

"Are you sure you're okay... " Flora asked, the two riding down the forest on their horses. "I usually am .." she mused back. Adina was usually one to carry conversation unless she was one in forlorn or thinking. Which Flora usually knew to be quiet. The two were supposed to be looking for a Dracaena. However, what they had found was far worse than that a "Striga!" Flora ran, hiding behind a bush as she saw Jaskier behind it.

"Descenitus Vira!" Adina shouted, stretching her hand out, an icy blast leaving her fingers and towards the creature. But it didn't last long as the Striga broke loose. She had to think of something quick. Unsheathing her sword, she charged towards the Striga. That was until the sight of the witcher from the Tavern crossed her path. "Get out of my way.." she mumbled, low enough for only her to hear. Geralt only looked at the knight with a face of assument. He knew she'd either get herself killed or, better yet, be swallowed whole by the Striga, assuming she didn't have any swordsmanship. Weaving through the many swings of its arm was Adina cutting the legs off the foul beast. While Geralt went for the Striga, he hadn't noticed its mouth open behind him, trying to swallow him whole. "Watch out!" Adina shouted, charging towards him to push him out the way. Landing on top of him,
Black curls draping over top of his face as she gave him a cocky smirk. "Fancy seeing you under me, eh.." she laughed, hearing him grunt. Then everything around her was dark and pulsating. If Geralt had put coins to his bet, he would have won,
He saw the core of the Striga sliced opened, revealing a bloodied Adina, who smelled of guts, horse, and death. Also known as the usual sent of Geralt.

"I'll be out of your hair witcher.. may we never see each other another mor-"

"What you find at home yet don't expect." Geralt said, claiming the law of surprise since, of course, the acclaimed knight did save his life. "Adina of Abbinshire.. " she said, gesturing her hand out for his to shake. "Geralt .." he replied, getting back on his horse Roach. Parting, in their separate ways, was Adina and Flora. Finding an Inn in the village was getting tricky. The two travelers had been getting tired of riding around until she had seen the dark horse. The inside was homey, but with trouble stirring around, nothing she couldn't handle, or so she thought.
"Hey, you... We don like ye kind .." a few rogues had said.
"And what that be, you little shites..." she growled.
"Knights.. you inglorious bastard."
"Wanna say that to my face, or are you tall enough to reach it!" she took Flora's lute, whacking one in the face with it. "Hey! that's very expensive !" Flora growled Adina's hands, and her face was a bit bloody from the tavern fight that broke out cornered with no energy for her spells, she was defenseless. Watching as their heads were clean cut off was Geralt.
"Are we going to keep meeting like this.." she asked, looking up at him.
"Only if you allow it to be." he helped her up before trying to walk away.
"Well, I grant you whatever you want.. for saving my life.." she said sheepishly.
"You will grant me whatever unexpected thing you encounter when you return home." he shrugged it off.
"That's if I ever return home.." she said under her breath.

"Do you have a room open.." Both the knight and witcher asked the innkeeper gulped nervously of the news to tell the two. "Well, we have one left.. sold the other to two love birds blabbering on about butter?" Adina growled, looking at Geralt as she could only want to die rather than share a room with a man who she had saved and he who saved her. "Well.."

"We'll take it." Geralt grumbled. The world knew that witchers weren't emotional. But there was this odd sense of wanting to get to know the reckless woman whose eyes were as bright as a spring sun. The room was quiet, Geralt, in the tub, and Adina sitting by the window, brushing her hair.
"So you left your kingdom.."
"Yes, I left my poor family to be a knight." she looked at him from across the room, " Serfs .. tragic.."
"Hmm.." he cracked a smile, "Bullshite.." he smirked, knowing she was lying.
"You call bullshite on my story.." she laughed,
"oh Fuck," Geralt thought to himself when he heard the mere chime of her laugh. It was pure breathy, and he wanted to continue being the reason he heard it. "Yes... Your highness.." he said, "How'd you know." picking up her emerald tiara from the ground, he responded with, "I know a princess when I see one.."
"Well, I've news for you, Witcher. " she turned her back, annoyed by him. "And what's that.." he laughed. His body nearly pressed against her back, his lips near her ear. Adina could feel a shiver down her spine as she tried to avoid it, keeping her gaze towards her window.

"I am no princess..."

Topaz eyes, now looking at Amber eyes with a glow, was Geralt. Who had never seen Adina like this, boils practically forming around the scar.
And a screech of agony falling from her lips caused Geralt to worry,
"Go!"
"Let me help you!" he said, holding her in his arms.
"This is my Destiny!" she growled, a qip of fire torching his skin. He wasn't leaving her, not after the adventures they shared the many laws of surprises they granted each other and especially not after realizing she too was his destiny that he couldn't avoid.
"I don't want to be a burden!"
"You're a pain in the arse!" he shouted, "But not a burden!" he took her lips with his breathing a new life into her with a kiss. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she felt the pain ease little by little, knowing she wouldn't have to face it alone.