And So It Begins

"And that, Cirilla is a quarter note." Jaskier smiled, watching over the young princess strum. Marigold, who was about the same age, only sighed her nose in a book of poems. "I don't get it.." Ciri sighed: her grandmother had promised her the best education, and since she was not yet 14, Oxenfurt was out of the question, so until then, she had gotten an early start by their best professor. "It's a note, not a dragon... maybe you just do have the gift.." Marigold sassed,

"Marigold Sabina Pankratz !" Jaskier snapped there were times that he enjoyed being a father and other times where he'd ask Flora what they were thinking that night in May: It had been a few years since the war of Abbinshire as it seemed that everyone had nearly gone their separate ways. Though now and, then they would both hear the glorious tales of Geralt and Adina, mostly from their daughter "Marigold... '' Ciri smiled, " If you knew the difference between, notes you wouldn't sound like pie without filling.." the young princess laughed, noticing the reaction of the wild curled brunette. For once, there was silence.

"Geralt once told me that.." Jaskier laughed, a bit as Ciri only looked at him.

"Geralt.."

Adina laughed, riding alongside Geralt, her eyes still vibrant as thin white streaks graced a few pieces in her hair. Mostly from the rough wages of wars that she commanded. "What's so funny.." he glared, watching as tears nearly fell down her cheeks.

" The fact your ass was out there in the wind.." she continued to cackle. "It took you several minutes to figure out your pants had ripped!"

"Laugh it up, princess.." he rolled his eyes. Although she tended to pick on Geralt for his most embarrassing moments, there still wasn't a woman he'd rather be with: But the two had come a long way from petty fights, arguments, near-death situations, and entanglements with the same mage. He still found his way back to Adina.

" I've got to tell the boys about it when winter comes."

"Then I'll tell them about the Bizearica plant accident."

"Geralt Roger Eric du Haute-Bellegarde of Rivia, you wouldn't.." she growled, as the two continued riding along looking for contracts, she had noticed something different about her witcher. Geralt had always been much more of a silent type of guy. But something had been different since their last meeting with the queen. "Geralt is everything okay.."

"Just thinking.." his gaze towards her soft.

"About.." She looked at him, a bit worried. "You're not dying, are you.."

"No.." he sighed, at times: Adina's guessing was just about as bad as Jaskier's and Flora combined. " I was thinking about how you've never.." Adina pulled the reins to stop Buttercup from trotting along. "I've never what Geralt.." she asked: as he took her hand, he could hear the rapid beat of her heart.

"Had a gold ring on your finger.." he gestured to her ring finger.

"What are you getting at.."

"Well, I thought maybe you'd like one.." he said, his cheeks a bashful blush as his eyes roamed much like a child.

"All these times, I thought we were married..." as the realization began to set in, she had noticed what he was asking for, "You want my hand.. in.." Geralt only laughed at her reaction.

"Well, who else would I ask Triss .. Yennefer."

"I mean.."

"Don't answer that.." he placed the ring on her finger, getting back on her trusty steed. The two then continued to ride through the mountains and towards Cintra.

"Do you think I'm stupid... " Marigold smirked, " To take you to meet my friends.." the younger girl laughed, her bright greyish blue eye's looking towards the princess. Marigold wasn't a troublemaker, but her friends were. Vitma, who was 14 years old and wanted by several villages, had been a friend to Marigold ever since her stay in Novigrad. However, sometimes it felt as if he knew where she was at all times. "Goldie!" he smirked, dark black hair shining in the sun.

"I just found this ... in Queen's pocket.." he held up a potion bottle.

"Not now, Vitma.." Marigold whispered. But as usual, Vitma didn't exactly listen. "Anyway, the boys and I are gon-" he then saw Ciri. Dark violet eyes embarrassed, he scratched the back of his head. "I'm Vitma...I'm a.."

"Thief.."

"I prefer to say finder of loose treasure," he smirked, holding one of her earrings in hand. Vitma wasn't always so sneaky, but it was the only way he survived. Watching as Ciri looked at him in shock, she was assumed rather than upset at him. "Are you a friend of "goldie''?" she gestured to her, lute in hand as she looked like a deer hunted by a striga.

"I'm her best friend.." he smiled.

"odd because yesterday she said I was.."Ciri glared,

"Oh, would you look at that.." she ran off.

Adina sighed, watching over the night sky. Her eyes looking up towards the stars always made her remember that no one was ever truly alone. Geralt, who had been laying Adina's lap, couldn't help but smile back at the woman who went back to tend to his wounds. "We could live by the coast.." Geralt said, his eyes focused on the view he was under, "Or run your mother's place.." he began to laugh. Watching her focus on his cut, he noticed how her brows furrowed: and the gentle way of her fingertips with the rough calluses on them. "Start a family.." Adina finished his sentence.

"I know that witchers can't have children bu-"

"Do you think I'd be.."

"A good father..." Adina looked at him, "No, but you'd be great at it." she smiled, thinking of starting a much softer life with Geralt made her feel as though it was something they both deserved. Geralt laughed, taking her hand as he placed a kiss on her wrist. Although he wasn't one to display much affection in public, he wasn't afraid to show Adina that he loved her as much as she loved him. "Would I make a good.."

"You'd be a wonderful mother if you're anything like Tithuba." his golden eyes lighting up like fireflies.

"Have you ever just laid in the grass and star gazed.." Geralt asked, taking her hand in his.

"I didn't think you were a fan of such things.." she laughed: sitting in a field of dandelions snuggled into his arms made her feel at peace. There were no monsters to fight, and for once, the storm was but a gentle rain. Watching his face, he looked like a lovesick fool, which he was. Placing a kiss on his lips, Geralt pulled her on his lap, fingers laced in her hair.

"You know I've never ..."

"Never what.." Geralt said, a bit breathlessly.

"Made love.. especially under the moonlight." she blushed.