Opening Of The Season

Lewisia represents rebirth and new beginnings

Episode: Diamond of the first water

The season's opening ball at Danbury House is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent Street will be on display. Titled, chaste, and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth. Tonight, we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful, dismal condition known as "the spinster."

"They're all staring, Mother." Lord Bridgerton spoke to his mother.

"Allow them to come to you, dear ones' ' Lady Bridgerton spoke to her daughter and niece who walked between her and her oldest son. Beautiful music played in the background.

"Lady Bridgerton, Miss Bridgerton, Lady Antoin." A young man walked up and bowed to the quartet, looking up at Anthony uncomfortably "Lord Bridgerton."

"I believe you have already been introduced to my daughter Daphne, Lord Ambrose." Lady Bridgerton spoke, "Allow me to introduce my neice Lady Peony Antoin."

"Uh, yes. We met at your brother's levee." Lord Ambrose spoke, too Daphne.

"If I recall, my lord, you had just won your first race at Newmarket." Daphne praised, Peony stood behind the siblings not having known anything about the man before her.

"His first and only, I believe." Anthony quipped.

"Well, in that case, let us hope his lordship has found himself a new horse." Peony finally entered the conversation finally, and the young lord chuckled.

"I haven't had the pleasure of seeing you at our club lately, Ambrose. Should it have anything to do with the unpaid balance you left on our betting books last winter?" Anthony said Lord Ambrose was clearly uncomfortable and took his leave. after which Anthony turned to his family "Ambrose is a cheat. A man of any honor ensures his debts are fully paid."

"I did not realize..." Daphne said and both girls dropped their gazes.

"Well, how could you have done that? It is the very reason I am here, Sister. Let us take a turn about the room." The young Bridgerton then separated from their mother and cousin to walk about the room.

The two ladies watch the siblings walk around the room, Anthony was clearly telling Daphne all the bad things about each man.

"Watching them makes me a bit glad my brother is not here, I fear he would scare away every potential match," Peony spoke to her aunt.

"Yes, I do feel quite nervous about how Anthony treated Lord Ambrose." The two ladies continued to converse through the evening, most men seemed so taken by the beauty of Daphne that they forgot Peony was even there. Soon Benedict entered the conversation and took his cousin about the room to meet up with Daphne and Anthony.