Singular Daffodil

Daffodil symbolizes regard and chivalry

Daffodil symbolizes regard and chivalry. It is indicative of rebirth, new beginnings, and eternal life. It also symbolizes unrequited love. A single daffodil foretells a misfortune while a bunch of daffodils indicate joy and happiness.

*Prince Freidrich perspective ~ same time as the last chapter*

The day after his meeting with the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton and her beautiful daughter, the girl who had captured the eyes of the ton due to the Queen claiming her as the Diamond of the season, he had spoken with his aunt and she encouraged him to follow his duty, he was unable to express to her how his heartfelt because he assumed she cared more for how shes looked on the outside instead of how he felt on the inside by how she spoke to him.

His event for the next day was to watch his friend in his boxing match, he made the decision that he would follow his orders from his aunt, as she was the Queen, and in an attempt to keep his eyes from wandering to those of the girl his heart ached for.

As he stood with his man Gillispie he spotted the Bridgerton girl, as he walked over to her and placed a kiss on her hand as he is supposed to.

"Miss. Brodgerton, I am delighted to see you here today I am surprised, though I asked your brother to bring you so we could spend some time together, I admit I did not hold much hope. Most ladies I have met can not seem to reconcile their delicate sensibilities with the brutality of such fights." As he spoke these words he wondered if Peony would ever attend such events, but knew that he would rather her be in the field of her flowers safe than watch shirtless grown men beat each other for money.

"You must have no sisters, Your Highness if you think most women delicate and mild. A trip to the modiste during a silk shortage will disabuse you of such notions for good." Both chuckled at her attempt to make a joke.

"I suppose I have much to learn, then. I would appreciate your expert tutelage if you would join me." He held his arm out to take her to their seats but before she could grab it her gaze changed, he attempted to call out her name breaking her away from where she was looking.

"Of course. I would be delighted."

So there he sat with the Bridgerton girl as the Boxing match, his mind and his heart in their own fight as he watched.

He used the entertainment before him to distract his mind from its torture.

"Tell me, your highness, do you miss your homeland?" Daphne started her question drawing his attention to her. "I have never been to Prussia but I have read of its beauty."

"It has attractions to be sure, said I attended a school here in England, and I have often thought there is no better place to live or raise a family." As the prince gave his answer he could not help but compare his conversation with the Bridgerton with those he has held with the Ardoin, "Uh...forgive me if I am too forthright, but you have a great affinity for your family, do you not?" He continued trying to keep the conversation going.