Safe From Ruin

False Indigo is regarded as protective and is used around the home and it's also used in spells and amulets for protective purposes

There will forever be just two words that come to this author's mind the morning after any good party, "shock" and "delight."

Well, dear reader, the scandalous accounts from last night's soiree at Vauxhall are quite shocking and delightful indeed. Emerging, phoenix-like from the ashes of irrelevance, is one Miss Daphne Bridgerton. The illustrious debutante was seen dancing not once, but twice with the season's most eligible and most uncatchable rake, the Duke of Hastings.

"Two dances? With a duke?" Hyacinth asked, during the family's breakfast, they were listening to Daphne as she practiced her Pianoforte. Peony usually did hers during the evening tea.

"He was quite taken with your sister, Hyacinth. The entire party was, for that matter. All eyes were on Daphne." Violet said to her youngest, walking over to Daphne with a plate of food in hand."  At least enjoy some toast, dearest."

"I am not hungry, Mama." Daphne replied to her mother as she offered the food.

"Your sister looked so magnificent on the dance floor last night Hyacinth, she truly is a diamond as everyone says." Peony told her youngest cousin,

"Are you certain the entire party was not simply eyeing a tear in her dress?" Colin teased.

"Or a misstep she took on the dance floor?" Benedict quickly followed his brother, from the opposite couch from Peony.

"I do wonder, Daphne, might we count on the duke at the Crawford ball?" Violet continued to press her daughter for more information.

"I should think it a fair chance."  Daphne replied

"What about the Ramsbury ball, Friday? And what about the grand picnic?"

" We shall see, Mama." Daphne was clearly trying to brush her mother off of her case.

"How terrible for Fran that she'll be off practicing pianoforte with Aunt Winnie all season and miss Daphne's engagement to the duke." Hyacinth said to no one in particular.

"I am sure she will hear all about it dear cousin, we will write to her about the recent events tonight, shall we?" Peony spoke to her cousin, Hyacinth made her miss her nieces and nephews back home.

"Did Francesca leave for Bath?" Gregory asked, clearly out of the loop.

"How does a lady come to be with a child?" Eloise barged into the room, in the fashion that Peony had noticed she did quite often.

"Eloise, what a question!" Violet was clearly shocked by her daughter's outburst.

"I thought one needed to be married." This confused all the girls, they knew nothing about what Eloise was talking about.