As the Petunias Grow

Petunias symbolize resentment and anger This is especially true when it is used to represent a disagreement

Petunias symbolize resentment and anger This is especially true when it is used to represent a disagreement. However, more often than that, the petunia is used to symbolize a desire to spend time with another person.

While Prince Friedrich spoke with the Queen about what his next steps should be regarding the news about Daphne Bridgerton's engagement, the girl he truly wanted was sitting in her home outside of the city meeting with all the suitors who were now Interested now that the diamond was engaged

*At the Ardoin London Home*

It was pretty rare it seemed that Peony was at her own family home in London and not her cousin's but with the influx of callers the day the engagement was announced, Peony had left the Bridgerton home to spend the day with her brother, his wife, and their children who had recently arrived. However, her time was cut short as the men flooded the front of their house. She simply hated that they only wanted her because Daphne was unavailable. Of the callers, many she had agreed to dance with at the Ellington ball that night, the first she would be attending without her cousins as they were planning Daphne's wedding, she agreed knowing that the more men she danced with the more she could distract herself from her thoughts of the Prince, whom she believed could never love her. 

One man in imparticular caught her attention, though he was roughly fifteen years older than her Lord Theodore Blaine, who had just returned from work in France caught her interest. He had originally been the second brother in his house but his elder brother had died two years prior and so Theodore has to take over the title in his family. 

When he came in he spoke to the girl about his travels, through the fields of France, the very same ones she had grown up running through. They both understood the beauty of the country. He was also a beautiful painter as being a second son had originally allowed him the extra time to learn the trade. She told him about her love of flowers. He was easily her favorite conversation of the day. She felt that it ended too soon since another caller required her attention, but they agreed to share a dance or two at the Ball that night.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/

Baron Ellington and his wife were a more recently married couple, having been a match five seasons before, their Balls were known to contain the most beautiful of music, the very best for dances as both the Baron and his wife were known to enjoy the Ballet.

Peony was dancing with one of her many suitors when she felt his presence, she had assumed he would be returning home as Daphne was now off the market, he had made it clear he wanted nothing less than the diamond of the season and Peony was more than angry with him, it infuriated her that he had given her time, and it was now she understood his intentions. 

"Miss Ardoin?" The man she was dancing with stopped as he was tapped on the shoulder the dance came to an end. Lord Blaine had been the one to tap the other on the shoulder. "May I steal her for a dance Lord Bailer?"