Gardenia

After the lunch, Izuku's hero friends left with a bit of leftovers from the big potluck. Hitoshi left with a whole two liter bottle and a harsh glare towards Shoto noticed his gaze towards him. Hitoshi was still wondering if Shoto's hair had anything to deal with the case he was working on. He just hoped that it was a coincidence because he didn't want Izuku to be hurt in all of this.

Izuku guided Shoto to wait in the other room while he got everything else packed away in the fridge. Shoto went ahead and opened up his phone to tell his older brother.

Shoto: Hey. I'm going to stay over at Izuku's until dinner.

Dab Bro: 👀 oh really?

Shoto: Shut up. It's not like that.

Dab Bro: I doubt that

Dab Bro: See you later tonight

Shoto put away his phone as Izuku entered the room with a smile.

Shoto asked gently, "Hey, would you mind if I stay for dinner? It has been a while since we talked to each other since I got hurt."

"I wouldn't mind at all. Are you okay with take-out?" Izuku questioned, sitting down next to Shoto.

Shoto nodded, "Sounds great to me. Now, can you tell me more about flowers?"

Izuku's eyes widened, "Oh! Of course! Well, did you know that some flowers could poisonous?"

"I know that flowers might have some danger to specific types, but I don't really know which ones." Shoto answered honestly, leaning back into one of the throw pillows on the sofa.

Izuku looked excited as he started to talk, "Well, let me tell you about them! I'm so excited since I actually ordered some seeds of some different flowers that can be quite dangerous. They should come in soon and I'm so excited! I don't know if I want to sell them when they bloom or not. Maybe I could have my own personal garden up here. Well, some of them will actually be full grown since I ordered some of them to be fully grown. Wait, I'm rambling!"

"No, no. Go on, tell me more about these dangerous flowers that are going to make up your personal garden." Shoto said, smiling gently as Izuku brightened up again.

Izuku smiled cheerfully, "Okay! Well one of them is called Bloodroot. It produces this red snap that can really cause some damage..."

*

Shoto questioned as he fixed his soba noodles onto his chopsticks, "Wait, what is the Monkshood one again?"

"Another name for it is Aconite. It is actually pretty, but it means 'hatred' and 'be cautious'." Izuku replied after swallowing his soup dumpling.

"Wow," Shoto remarked before slurping up his soba.

Izuku nodded, "Yeah, there are some that can mean something else than you expect. Like the Butterfly Weed means 'leave me', so don't give it to someone you are in a relationship with."

"I should be taking down notes." Shoto added.

Izuku teased with a smirk, "Maybe you should."

They were about halfway through their takeout dinner when Shoto brought up a point he heard others talking about during lunch.

"So your childhood friend wasn't the first one who ordered a 'fuck you' bouquet.."

Izuku nodded. "Yeah, he ordered his to send to one of the guys from his old school that kept saying he was better than the entire class he was in or something."

"Who was the first?" Shoto asked.

"Oh." Izuku mumbled before swallowing his soba noodles. He was quiet for a second before he pointed at himself. "It was me."