Change (Chapter 34)

ALEX'S POV:

It had already been a few days since the incident. I haven't seen Draco since. Each day my hopes of him coming grew smaller and smaller until madam Pomfrey told me I was ready to be released.

"I bet it feels good to be in normal clothes again" Pansy says walking back in with a tray of food.

"That's um... That's a lot" I gulp.

"Luna should be coming soon"

While I was at the hospital the trio came to visit me, as well as Luna and Blaise. Blaise wouldn't tell me why Draco didn't even try to show up. Part of me thought he didn't know, the other part of me thought he knew that Draco was unwelcome. He would just give me a kiss on the forehead and then head out.

"I'm here" says Luna coming in with Hermione.

"Why do you have a blanket"

"Cause were going on a picnic" she smiles.

"Don't we have class soon."

"I was able to get first class off." She replies

"Thank you" I whisper smiling.

That day I felt truly happy. I forgot about everything that had happened before. And it felt good. But I knew that feeling wouldnt last forever. And I was right.

⚠️TW⚠️

A month later:

I made my way to the dining hall. Ever since Draco cheated my old habits started to reappear again. But this time I hid it well.

Very well.

I no longer sat with Pansy. I couldn't handle seeing him anymore. He changed.

He now spent his time making remarks at me again and flaunting all the woman he was with.

"Oh look who decided to come down for dinner" he smirks before looking back to Blaise for approval. Blaise looked emotionless.

"Just get your remarks over with so I can finish eating." I say looking up at him

"Why? We all know your gonna throw it up in about an hour or two" he says looking at his
pocket-watch then back at me.

"What is wrong with you" I whisper.

"What? I couldn't hear you?" he says in a mocking tone.

" I said WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU."

And then he pulled my wrist.

"Never talk to me like that." he pulls himself close to my face. His face filled with disgust. I guess the feeling was mutual.

"GET OFF ME. GET THE FUCK OFF."

"Draco enough" Blaise steps in.

"Don't tell me what to-"

"I SAID ENOUGH DRACO" he growls before pulling me away from him.

Everyone stared at me as Blaise took me out of the room.

"Dont fucking touch me" I mutter.

"You know he doesn't mean it Alex."

"Sounded pretty meaningful if you ask me"

"He's just upset."

"Why? No one forced him to kiss that girl.  Nobody forced him to sleep with these random girls. I didn't shove him into them. And I'm most certainly DID NOT force him to comment on me day after day AFTER DAY. I'm so fucking sick of everybody babying him cause of what HE did. NOT ME. HIM."

My voice was now at a yelling tone as Blaise silently looks at me.

"I'm gonna go" I say

"Alex please-"

"What? I'm not gonna stay if all your gonna do is try and justify his actions."

"He's going through a lot right now"

Going through a lot I chuckle. He cheated. He hurt me MULTIPLE times and Blaise has the AUDACITY to tell me Draco is going through a lot.

"Well so am I"

2 am:

"You have to stop drinking Draco."

"I don't think so Blaise" he slurs before knocking the glass on the floor shattering the glass as the carpet soaked up the leftover drink.

"OK ENOUGH DRACO. ENOUGH OF WHATEVER THIS IS. HAVE YOU EVEN FINISHED THE VANISHING CABINET."

"Noooo. But I'm close this time. Reaaaally close" he says shaking his head as he starts grabbing a bottle of liquor struggling to open it.

"Do you think she hates me" Draco takes another swing from the bottle.

"Give me the bottle" says Blaise reaching his hand out

"No" replies Draco slapping his hand to the side.

"GIVE ME THE FUCKING BOTTLE RIGHT NOW." Blaise yells loud enough for his point to be spread across, even in Dracos state of matter.

"And the answer is no you twat. You've been harassing her every bloody day."

Blaise took a swing of the bottle himself before he continued his conversation with Draco.

"How would you feel if I pulled up your sleeve."

You could see Draco start to tense.

"How about in the dining hall for everyone to see. To showcase to the students, the professors. Not Dumbledore though."

"DONT YOU UNDERSTAND! I HAVE TO KILL YOU. OR HES GONNA KILL ME" I let out a small sob.

"Well done Draco" Bellatrix approached me hissing in my ear.

"AVADA KEDAVRA"

It was Snape. And Dumbledore was gone. I watched the person who gave me a home

Die

without as much as a second thought about what was happening.

"Shut it Blaise"

"Everyone could know the secret you try oh so hard to hide. Wouldnt that be funny. Maybe I could even get Alex to do it."

"FUCK OFF BLAISE. JUST FUCK OFF YOU TWAT"

"Now you know how she feels"

He heard the door shut.

He was all alone.

Not even the alcohol could stop the way his thoughts suffocated him. Only one person could ease his pain, help him even if it was temporary. But she was long out of his reach.