g o o d b y e

Luke, Ashton and Michael made their way to the house as soon as they heard the news. They barged into the house, clearly agitated with the fact that Ace was behind all of this. 

"No fucking way Ace is behind this," Luke huffed as he looked for Calum. 

Thomas was wriggling in your arms as you tried to wipe the sides of his mouth clean. He was getting more and more agitated recently. You don't know what's got into him. He was never like this before. 

Michael's frown dissolved as he caught a glimpse of Thomas. He approached the toddler with arms wide open. "Hello, little man! I've missed you," he cooed, lifting him from your hold. 

"Be careful, Mike. He's cranky today," you warned playfully when everyone came into the living room. 

"I can't believe that douche could turn on us just like that," Ashton mumbled as he took a seat beside you. 

"Who's this Ace anyway?" you asked. 

Back then, you only heard mentions of Ace, but you've never actually seen him. But every time Ace was mentioned, it would be that he helped the gang secure blueprints of targeted locations or he helped Michael get the latest hacking softwares. Ace has never showed any dislike for any of them before. So, why you? Why take it out on your sister? Well, he probably doesn't know that it was your dad who owed him money. 

"He's a good friend of the gang. He's more of a behind-the-scenes guy, so he doesn't actually carry out anything illegal. See it as him enabling others to do it for him," Michael answered. As he was speaking, Thomas' eyes never left him. For once, Thomas was not throwing up everywhere or throwing tantrums. 

"But now, he's the one who did something illegal." 

"So what does this mean?" Dylan interjected impatiently, his arms folded over his broad chest. 

"It means exactly what you're thinking," Luke replied. 

"We go over there and talk things out." 

"Are you sure you want to go in there without offering any money?" you asked Luke. 

"Do you have a couple hundred thousand to spare right now, Y/N?" he spat sarcastically. 

You bit your tongue before you could retort back. 

"So, what I'm thinking is..." Luke continued as he rolled out a blueprint of Ace's gang hangout. 

◧ ◨ ◩ ◪

"Please tell me you aren't going through with this," Dylan repeated for the third time today. 

"I have to do this!" you raised your voice. 

"You don't even know this girl!" 

"Well guess what. She is still my sister and I'm not going to leave her there in the hands of some gang!" 

You and Dylan were panting from the rage bubbling in both of you. You kept eye contact with him, both of you trying to see where the other was coming from. 

"You're right. I apologise," Dylan conceded. He wrapped his arms around you apologetically, rubbing your back when the bedroom door was pushed opened. 

"Y/N, we're leaving soon," Calum informed. He was slightly bashful when he realised that he had interrupted a moment between you and Dylan. 

"Okay," you muttered, laying a quick kiss on Dylan's cheek before grabbing your bag of equipment. 

Calum was looking at the ground, looking forlorn as ever. You walked around him to go say goodbye to your son.