r e u n i o n

The very same night, you found yourself back at the local bar everyone goes to when they're ready to get shit-faced drunk. It looked quite empty from outside, but then again, not many people were as messed up as you. On that night, at least. Soon enough, one shot quickly became four. Before you knew it, you were slouching on the bar and mentally beating yourself up for getting in such a depressing situation in the first place. 

"If only I hadn't taken the wrong turn onto Street 11!" you exclaimed at the bartender who was too nice to ignore you in your drunken state. As you ordered another shot from him, you caught a glimpse of someone in your peripherals. 

Even in your drunken haze, you were definite that you've seen that man before. You took a double take and sure enough, you have seen that man before. That man is none other than Calum Hood, the man you just cursed at the day you met him. Wait, what? Calum? 

A wave of emotions took over you. The trauma at the back of your mind was unleashed and gushing at an impressive rate. Years of unanswered questions and hatred mixed with some heartbreak were busting at its seams. Just this encounter was enough to slap you sober. Then came the shots up your throat. You smacked your palm onto your lips, holding in the barf. You had to go to the toilet now

Seeing Y/N's adverse reaction to him killed what was left of him. After prison, Calum didn't think that anything else could kill him inside. Well, Y/N accomplished that tough feat. We haven't seen each other for more than five years and that's the first thing you do?  He was ballistic. He had to get out of the bar before he hurts someone. Just as he pushed the front door open, the cold wind hit him and stopped him in his tracks. Without giving it much, if not, any thought, he hurled the bottle of beer in his hand at the brick exterior of the bar. The bottle that was tinted brown smashed into many pieces; each piece individually heading in its own direction. 

The guys taking a drag from the same bong were just as surprised at the impact of his throw. High out of their minds, they cornered Calum and reciprocated the perceived aggression towards them. Calum felt every kick multiply the existing pain coursing through his veins. Once the guys had enough fun, they left him alone. One guy even spat on Calum, just for good measure. Just a few years ago, nobody would expect The Calum Hood to be abandoned, cowering in pain in an alleyway. Oh, how the times have changed. 

It's actually Calum. He's here. What are the chances you two end up at the same place at the same time? It must be the universe trying to tell you something! Oh, come on, Y/N. You've moved on now! You shouldn't care too much about seeing him! He's just an ex. 

You got a grip of yourself and mustered enough courage to talk to Calum. You left the washroom and returned to the table where he was seated at just a while ago. You frowned as you found the bar deserted, apart from the bartender. You wobbled out of the bar onto the sidewalk. 

"There you are!" you breathed out, seeing Calum slumped on the floor and leaning on the brick wall. You approached him. The closer you got, the more obvious the bruises on his hands and cheeks became. You took a seat beside him and asked about them.  

"Why are you here?" Calum spat out quite bitterly. 

You let out a depressing laugh, thinking about your situation. "I was in the midst of drowning myself in booze to numb the pain of not knowing what I'm doing with my life," you rambled, cringing at how pathetic you were. 

"No. I meant why you came to find me." 

You were taken aback. He's right; why were you looking for him? You were just cursing the day you met him, a second ago. If it weren't for him, you'd be engaged to a great guy! You pursed your lips and shrugged. "I've told you. I'm drunk," you slurred. 

Both of you sat there in silence for a few moments. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but it was much better than talking. 

"I'll get you some ice," you informed him, getting up. 

"No. I don't need your help," he spat. 

You could only nod at his aggressive demeanour that was totally unfamiliar to you. It was like he was a different person. Well, you knew prison could completely change someone, but you didn't think it would happen to Calum. 

"Well, let me get you a ride home-"

"No." 

"It's fine, I literally have the app-"

"I don't have a place to live." 

You looked up from your phone screen. Did you hear him right? You tried to wipe off the look of surprise on your face. "Oh," you breathed out. Calum hated this. He hated being this vulnerable in front of you. He was so used being the tough, big shot back then. He hated that you caught him at his weakest. Both of you stared at each other in silence. 

"You can stay at my place," you offered. 

"And why would I do that?" he snarled, wiping the blood on his cheek. 

He tried his best to get off the floor without causing too much hurt to his aching sides. Damn, those stoners really know how to kick! He staggered up, holding the trash can beside him for support. He sighed, doing the most to hide that he was struggling. 

"See, I'm fine," he mumbled, fighting the urge to massage his arm. 

You tilted your head at him as if to say, "Really? You're going to argue with me right now?" 

He sighed at the fact that you still knew him like the back of your hand. Reluctantly, Calum joined you in an uber, which took both of you to your place. After a prison sentence and more than five years later, you two had a reunion after all.