8

I turned around at the sound of my grandma's voice. 

"Yes, grandma?"

"When are you giving your speech?" She asked. 

What nonsense is she spitting? Speech? I don't do those.

"What do you mean speech, I didn't prepare one, grandma," I told her. She looked at me and laughed.

"Well you better think fast, I'm calling on you after mine!", She chuckled, patting my shoulder before walking to the bar. 

"Sucks to be you," Mandy whispered while she walked past me. I stood there shocked, how am I supposed to think of a whole speech in like a couple of minutes. 

...short and sweet...short and straight to the point. 

"Let me stop wasting your time..my beautiful  granddaughter has prepared a jaw-dropping speech for the lovely couple!"Grandma said before using her cane to walk off the stage. 

I glared at her back, why would make the crowd expect something. I clenched and unclenched my fists as I walked onto the stage. 

You're a bad bitch you can do this!

"Today we were gathered here to celebrate the union of two lovely people. To be honest, I'm still looking for them," I said, gaining laughs from the crowd. My mom shook her head in amusement.

At least these people have a sense of humor.

"Just kidding Mom, Michael I hope you guys have a nice marriage together. And I think I speak for everyone when I say please for the love of God no more kids." More laughs, I smiled and walked off stage. 

---

"That was the shortest wedding speech in the history of wedding speeches," Mandy joked as she joined my table. 

"Short and sweet just like me," I smiled. 

"I beg to differ," She said laughing at me.

"Haha very funny, I said throwing a fry at her." The couples still had to dance to their first dance and I was hungry so I went and got fries. 

Technically I was supposed to be sitting with my mom and the boys at the table in the front but then again I would have to sit in between the boys or just sit by my mom the entire time. Which wouldn't be fun since all she's going to be doing is talking about the honeymoon and then kissing him. Two things I don't want to stay around for. 

---

"It was a lovely wedding," Mandy's mom said as she walked Mandy and me back to our hotel. Mom and Michael had driven off to go on their honeymoon. They left me alone in the care of the mafia brothers. 

"Yeah I guess, but I don't know why it was so damn long," I commented as I took off my shoes. We were taking the beachy path back to the hotel because Mandy and I's feet felt like they were about to fall off and the sand felt great.

"Your mom told you that you were in our care right?" Xavier spoke from behind us. Damn, his voice is so deep.

"Yeah, like 20 times."

"Ok."

And that my friend was our first conversation with the oldest brother unless we've talked before, I don't remember. 

"This is so awkward," Mandy whispered. The sound of the waves working in our favor, keeping our conversation from being heard by the boys.

"Right, I could die from this pressure, I feel like I should say something,"

"I don't like that we're in front, they most definitely walk faster than us why aren't they in front."

"Sis, I don't know!" I whisper-yelled. 

"Don't know what?" Jax asked as he rested his arms on our shoulders. We both turned back to look at him startled.

"AHH, scared the shit outta me, I could've had a heart attack" Mandy screamed.

Talk about a delayed reaction.

"None of your business," I retorted pushing his arm off my shoulder. 

"Rude much,"

"Yes, she's very rude!" Mandy said, already over her "heart attack".

"I didn't even do nothing,"

"We should go swimming!" Jax said getting excited.

"We're literally wearing suits and dresses," I said looking at him like he was dumb.

"Shh, they're rich right, they can just pay for the dry cleaning," Mandy whispered to me.

"It might need a bit more than dry cleaning," I retorted. She rolled her eyes at me and followed Jax into the water. 

"...You can join them if you want, you don't have to worry about ruining the dress," Xander said pushing me a bit. 

"I mean if you insist." I mean if they were going to pay if the dress got ruined then I'm not going to miss out on this. As long as it's not coming out of my allowance. 

~Time Skip to the hotel~

Mandy and I were sent to our room to take a shower so we didn't get sick. 

"That was fun, sucks we're leaving soon," Mandy said.

"yeah, when I get back to my new house we have to facetime so I can give you a house tour," I told her.

"You better."

I'm back on this.