Chapter 1: kits background

*A few years before the end*
Kit's pov
I spend quite a lot of time in hotels but never more than in the hotel denouement. Ever since me and my brothers lost our parents we've never had a fixed place to stay. Mostly switching between place to place for safety. Our parents were part of an organisation that they thought we had no idea about. We found a book while trying to find a way to get out of the house while it was ablaze so we brought it with us incase it was important. It was called "the incomplete history of secret organisations". Turns out it was a smart move when my brother Jaques brought it with him when he climbed out of the window. 7 years later and we're all part of VFD. Of course it did help that we were taken straight to the VFD headquarters after the fire was put out. We were later told that our parents had perished and we were now orphans. I know I'm saying it a bit blunt but at the time we were all especially emotional. We were put in the back of a black and yellow taxi but didn't think anything of it at the time. Just assumed we were being taken to an orphanage or an unknown relative. We spend the 3 hours in the back of it reading the book and learning about VFD. 

When we got to the headquarters we had found out everything we needed to know and began our training pretty much immediately. This organisation is the last thing we had of our parents. Everything else was in ashes. Lemony was trained as a researcher because of his love of journalism and obviously researching whereas me and Jaques decided we wanted to be field agents and complete missions. Before we learnt anything else though we were told the reason VFD was created. To make the work a safer quieter place. And so we always remembered one sentence.

'The world is quiet here'.

AN
I know it's bad but I'll try and improve my appalling writing as best I can. Thanks for reading!