Chapter 1: Rose (You)

"Damn it, Rose! Why couldn't you just leave well enough alone?!" Jake, your boyfriend, (well exboyfriend) screamed at you.

"What do you mean?" You asked shaking with anger.

This dick had a lot of nerve yelling at you when you'd caught him red handed fucking the next door neighbor. The girl had long since bolted but he was still demanding to stay here with you.

"Everything was going great, but you just had to come home early." He said shouting.

"Jake, I'm so sorry that I got off early and interrupted your fuck session. But I really want you out of MY goddamn apartment! If you don't get your shit and leave in 5 minutes I will call the police. Starting now..." You say looking at your watch.

He stood there stunned by your words. He was about to protest.

"4:56, 4:55, 4:54..." you say and he began to gather his shit.

It took him exactly 5 minutes to get it together and the whole time he huffed and puffed at you. You rolled your eyes and gave him the time remaining. You slammed the door behind him and called your super to change the locks which he obliged.

You sank into your queen size bed and let out a small sigh. You couldn't say you were heartbroken. You couldn't even say you were sad. You couldn't even say you were really that angry. Your relationship with Jake had always been one of convenience. It was never one of love or passion. Sure you'd had sex but it was enough to get the job done. It wasn't like you crawled back for more.

It wasn't like it was in the books in the library you'd read where the passion, lust, and love fill your entire being. You are two halves of a whole. Complete when together. Incomplete while parted. You wondered if you ever would find your missing half. You doubted it. Besides soulmates only exist in books and you unfortunately exist in reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about a month since Jake and you had broken up. He would show up at the library or outside your building begging you to see reason. You would tell him as nicely as possible to fuck off. Guy couldn't take a hint.

Today was no different. There he was marching up to the desk where you sat reading one of your Adult(😏) Novels. He leaned against the the counter and chuckled creepily at you.

"Hey babe." He said smirking grossly.

"Hello Jake. I am not your babe." You say simply ignoring him.

"Ok, Rose... I have had enough of this game now. I have learned my lesson. Now let me come home." He said his voice becoming hard.

"This isn't a game Jake. This is me telling you for the millionth time that I am no longer interested in a relationship with a lying, cheating man baby." You say setting the book down.

"Rosie, baby... I know you miss me. I know you miss the way I made you feel good." He said his voice low and his eyes full of lust.

You scoffed. A growl sounded from the front door. Jake jumped. You ignored it.

"I would hardly say you made me feel anything. I had to get myself to the finish line every single time because your low endurance and overall ability to fill my needs." You say through gritted teeth.

A chuckle came from the door now. You again ignored the sound. Jake was furiously trying to come up with a clap back. His eyes lit with a dark humor.

"It's not like your the best lay either. You fucking barely do anything and you don't even make noise. It was like fucking a dead fish." He snarled.

"Much experience with that have you? Maybe I would have been more responsive if you come up so short in every aspect of life." You bit back.

"You bitch..." he said as he reeled his hand back as if to hit you.

You flinched. It was stopped by a massive hand. The hand belonged to a huge man with silver hair.

"That little man was a big mistake." His deep voice rumbled.