Chapter 2: Namjoon

"Why are we here Hyung?" The youngest wolf said annoyance dripping from his voice.

"We are here because our alpha senses this is where we belong." The beta snapped.

"This tiny shit hole is where we belong?" One of the younger ones sneered sarcastically.

"You know I can hear you." The alpha rumbled.

"Sorry alpha." They all said softly.

Kim Namjoon was a wolf shifter and had become the alpha of the Bangtan Pack when he was 19. He was barely a man himself when this band of orphan boys came together to form a pack. Each of their pack ripped apart by blood feuds and betrayal. Namjoon wasn't the eldest of his pack but he was the only alpha. He stepped up and became their leader. Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung were from Namjoon's pack. They left with him. Along the way they found Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, and Jeon Jungkook. They had formed a tight bond like brothers. Namjoon would do anything to protect them and them him. They were a good bunch of boys, even if they were a little bratty and mischievous at times.

"Jin." The alpha said calling the elder forward.

"Yes, Namjoon." Jin said respectfully.

"She's here." He rumbled.

"So is mine. Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok sense theirs as well." Jin said quietly.

"Tae and Jungkook?" Namjoon asked softly.

"Nothing yet. They are still young and stubborn. I think Tae is ignoring the call of his mate." Jin said smirking.

Mate. Namjoon could feel her pull. Where was she? Was she like him or was she human? Was she alone? What if she wasn't?

"That will end well." Namjoon chuckled.

"Alpha." Yoongi the second eldest of the pack called.

"Yes." Namjoon answered.

"I have acquired the pack house you wanted. I will meet with the realtor tomorrow to finalize the sale." Yoongi stated.

"No I will." Jin said. "You deserve a break Yoongi."

"Thank you, Beta." Yoongi nodded respectfully.

"Well boys. Welcome home." Namjoon said sighing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been in this town for a month. The only one who had successfully found their mate was Jin and that was because she was the realtor who sold them the house. She was a human, though. That slowed Jin's progress with her. She as a human felt the pull of the Mate Call but had no way to understand it. So he had to go slow with her. He hadn't even told her what he was. Jin was beginning to get impatient and by the smell of his little mate she was beginning to change for her wolf mate.

Humans mated with shifters undergo a change to adapted them to their new life with their mate. Their lifespans expand and they stay younger longer. As far as Namjoon knew shifters if they kept in good health and avoided violence could essentially live forever. Human mates also had their bodies adapted so that they could be with their mate sexually. That is not to say that they couldn't have sex with human. It's just dangerous. Wolves aren't exactly gentle. Then there is the heat cycle. The heat cycle activates once a mated pair have met. It drives the hormones of the female mate to crave her mate. It also is for the creation of more little wolves.

Jin's little mate was nearing hers. Jin was losing his mind. As much as it drove the female to crave her mate, the scent of your mate in heat tends to drive the male mate wild. Jin was chomping at the bit to be with her but he didn't want to scare her either. That hadn't gone so well because in Jin's attempt to woo her he'd finally revealed his secret and she'd ghosted him.

Namjoon had to leave the house one day because Jin was nearly panting with want and heartbreak. Yoongi and Jungkook were trying to distract him, but he was still dramatically whining and crying about the whole thing.

Namjoon was walking down the sidewalk and passed a little record shop where a girl working behind the counter and was dancing like no one was watching. She was pretty good, too. He'd have to tell Hoseok about this place and the girl. He'd like them.

Namjoon found himself wandering through the tiny town with no particular destination in mind. He wound up in front of the library and something deep within told him to go inside. He obeyed the small voice. He entered the building and like a ton of bricks something hit him. Mate. His wolf tensed inside him. She's here. He could feel her.

He looked around and then there she was at the counter. She was perfect. There was a man talking to her and from the look on her face she wasn't pleased to be talking to him. Namjoon immediately wanted to remove the man from her presence. The voice inside told him to wait. He used his enhanced hearing to listen in.

"This isn't a game Jake. This is me telling you for the millionth time that I am no longer interested in a relationship with a lying, cheating man baby." She said her voice firm.

"Rosie, baby... I know you miss me. I know you miss the way I made you feel good." He said his voice low and Namjoon could hear the lust in his voice.

Namjoon felt a surge of rage toward the man and let out a deep growl. This man would never touch his mate again.

"I would hardly say you made me feel anything. I had to get myself to the finish line every single time because your low endurance and overall ability to fill my needs." She said clearly done with this man.

A chuckle left Namjoon. His little mate was feisty and rather quick witted. Namjoon liked that.

"It's not like your the best lay either. You fucking barely do anything and you don't even make noise. It was like fucking a dead fish." He snarled.

Namjoon almost lost himself to his rage and his need to defend his mate. The voice inside again told him to wait.

"Much experience with that have you? Maybe I would have been more responsive if you come up so short in every aspect of life." She bit back.

Namjoon was in love. She was a tiny savage who could eviscerate a man with her tongue. She would be a perfect Luna for his pack of mischievous boys. She'd put them and maybe even him in his place. Namjoon smirked at the thought.

"You bitch..." he said as he reeled his hand back as if to hit her.

The voice let him move to her aid. Namjoon caught the man by the wrist. Namjoon looked down at the smaller human male and he could smell his fear. Namjoon smirked at him. Then his eyes fell to his mate, who was looking up at him like she'd never seen anything quite like him. He smirked at her and then turned back to the waste of space he was holding.

"That little man was a big mistake." His deep voice rumbled.