Chapter 3: Rose

You couldn't really process what was going on. You were staring up at the most beautiful man you'd ever seen, who'd just prevented your shitty ex from hitting you. You were stunned into silence, which was a new feeling for you. You usually were quick to retort or have something to say. Not now though. No thoughts in head. Just this gorgeous man in front of you.

He smirked at you. Then went back to Jake. He drug him from the library and threw him outside. You stood there frozen in place. The beautiful man returned and came to you. You got a rather good look at him and judging by the way his black tee and jeans hugged his form he was a literal Adonis. You pulled yourself back to reality to meet his face which had a smug smirk on it. He'd caught you checking him out. Your face burned.

"Thank you." You managed to get out.

"You're welcome." He said his voice deep.

"Um... I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new to town?" You say rather lamely, but you were literally trying not to just drool over the man in front of you.

"Yes. I am actually. I'm Namjoon." He said extending a large hand.

"I'm Rose." You said taking his hand and it completely enveloped your own.

"Nice to meet you, Rose." He said letting go of your hand and smiling sweetly at you.

"Nice to meet you as well, Namjoon. Welcome to town. Thank you for helping me with Jake. He's... well a piece of work." You say looking forward down at the counter.

"Your ex? I presume." He says and there is something about the way he says the words that makes you think he's almost jealous.

"Yes. Unfortunately. We broke up a month ago. He is just not wanting to let go." You say still looking down.

"I see. He shouldn't bother you again." He said firmly.

"Really? You threaten him?" You ask looking up at him.

"Maybe... a little..." he said looking almost sheepish.

You giggled. It was a strange sight seeing him looking like he was going to get scolded by you. He quirked an eyebrow at your giggle.

"Good. Maybe he'll listen to you." You say sighing.

"He will." He said with a note of utter confidence.

You liked this guy. He was confident and sexy as hell. You wanted to get to know him. Something deep inside you told you needed to know him.

"Listen, Namjoon. I want to thank you properly for helping me. I get off around 5:30. Would let me take you to dinner as a thank you?" You asked cautiously.

He smirked and leaned against the counter. He entered your space and was inches from you. He sighed deeply. It made your body shiver and sent a thrill through you. He chuckled.

"Are you asking me on a date?" He said his voice low.

"And if I am?" You ask leaning into his space.

He wasn't expecting you to do that. You saw a flash of surprise before his smug smirk was back in place.

"I'd say I'll see you when you get off." He said pushing off the counter and backing away.

He let his eyes roam over you. It was almost like you feel him touching you. It made your body hum with excitement. You felt heat pool in your lower belly. He froze and breathed deeply. His eyes darkened and he sighed. He turned and went out the door. You felt air rush into you. It was like you hadn't been breathing.

The feelings inside you were confusing. You felt this insane and definitely not rational need to go after him and jump his bones. You also wanted to talk to him for hours on end just to hear his voice. You wanted to make him smile so you would see those dimples he had.