Chapter 11: Rose

Rose spent the rest of work watching Namjoon play with Misha. Misha found the large man fascinating. Namjoon would quietly read to him or just listen. He disappeared for an hour and reappeared holding a bag of toys that he took to the break room. He and Misha were in there for the rest of the afternoon. Ivy was sitting in a chair behind the counter with you. Harry was doing a the rounds around the library as the prepared to close up. Fran went home earlier.

"What does it feel like?" Ivy asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" You asked looking at her.

"Having a mate?" She said eyes on the ground.

"It feels like you had been missing something without realizing it. It feels like you can do anything or be anything because you know at least one person has your back. It feels like home and safe." You say your voice wistful.

"Yeah I have never felt that before." Ivy scoffed.

"I'm sorry." You say sadly.

"Don't be. I was a dumb young girl who thought infatuation and running from my fucked up parents was love." Ivy said a fear falling from her eye.

"We all make those kinds of mistakes. Yours are just amplified because you are supernatural." You say patting her arm.

"You really are a Luna. It's so crazy. I have never seen one before. You have this power." Ivy says looking up at you.

"Me? Power?" You chuckle.

"I immediately felt comfort and earlier at lunch you silenced the table with your words. That's a Luna ability. It's said in good packs that Luna's hold significant power with their alpha. I feel like yours must be a good alpha for you to wield so much after only a few days. You are also human. I didn't even know humans could be Lunas. That's amazing." She said looking at you with awe.

"He is a good man and alpha. I don't know about power but I do feel more confident since being with Namjoon. He makes me stronger." You say smiling to yourself.

Ivy nods slowly and goes back to looking at the floor. You and Harry wrap up closing the library. Misha and Namjoon race to the cars.

"Mommy. Joonie said we could go to his house for dinner. He said I could keep the toys!" Misha said happily to his mother.

"That's very nice of him. Yes we are going to his house for dinner." Ivy said as she put the boy in his car seat.

"Just follow..." Namjoon began.

"I know." Harry cut him off.

You started to get indignant, but Namjoon put a hand on your arm. You looked at him and he just shook his head at you. You relaxed. You got in your car and began the drive home. Home. You just realized that pack house was now your home. You smiled a little.

"What is that smile about?" Namjoon asked.

"I just realized I'm finally going home." You said happily.

Namjoon's hand wrapped around your thigh. He gently squeezed it. It turned you on a little bit and he growled.

"You really don't know what you do to me. I can smell you getting turned on baby girl." He said his voice dark.

"You can smell me?" You asked flushing in embarrassment.

"It's the best fucking scent in the world." He groaned.

"Oh." You said as you pulled up to the gate.

Namjoon told you the code and you punched it in. The gate swung open. You pulled into the garage because Namjoon told you to. Harry pulled in front of the house. The garage was filled with luxury vehicles and sports cars.