Chapter 6: Namjoon

Namjoon woke to find his bed empty. He quickly sat up and looked around for Rose. He began to panic that she'd left without saying goodbye. The panic manifesting into the thought that how he felt about their time together wasn't mutual enjoyed or wanted. Then his ears picked up the shower. He looked at the clock and it was 7:30 in the morning. He climbed from his bed and went to the bathroom. He opened the door to find it full of steam. His tiny mate in his clear shower.

He stood there for moment drinking in the sight of the suds and water flowing over her soft body. He felt himself harden at the sight. He so badly wanted to feel her body on his again. He slowly made his way toward her. He opened the shower door and slipped in behind her. He put his hands on her waist and pulled her to him. She let out a tiny gasp as he kissed her neck.

"Namjoon! You scared me!" She said smacking his arms and turning to glare up at him.

"Sorry." He said leaning down to plant a kiss on her lips.

It was a peck and she smiled up at him. Her face changed suddenly as if she was working out a complicated math problem. She just studied his face for a very long time. Then as if steeling herself for something took a deep breathe.

"Namjoon... What did Jin mean when he said he was with his mate? Why did he call you alpha?" She asked her gaze steady.

Namjoon swallowed thickly. He knew he'd have to tell her. She'd figure it out eventually. It's not like it's an easy thing to conceal. He took a deep breath. He looked deeply into her eyes.

"I don't think I can tell you with words. It might be better if I show you." He said softly.

"Ok..." she said confused.

"Get dressed and meet me in the backyard. The boys will help you find it. Promise me you won't be afraid of me after I show you." He said as he exited the shower.

"Namjoon you're scaring me now. I can't promise that. I promise I won't run until you explain yourself fully." She said softly

He nodded and left the bathroom. His mind was racing with fear and doubt. This could ruin everything, revealing what he was before she was ready to know. It had nearly killed Jin when his mate had rejected him. They had worked out in the end but still he wouldn't wish the pain Jin had felt over the possible loss of his mate on anyone. He want to be sure she wouldn't bolt. He wasn't sure she wouldn't. Something inside however seemed to be sure it would be ok. He dressed in a pair of shorts and went to the back yard. He stopped at Hobi in the kitchen.

"Help Rose find the backyard. I need to show her something." Namjoon told him.

"Show her what exactly?" Came the voice of Tae.

"What I am..." Namjoon said.

"What!?! You've known her a day!!!! She could tell people and draw unwanted attention! Are you insane?!" Tae demanded.

"Taehyung! This is not how you speak to your alpha!" Jin said as he came down the stairs his mate trailing behind him.

Jin was glaring at Tae. His tiny mate was carefully watching the scene before her. She tightened her grip on Jin as he grew angrier at Tae. Tae became furious.

"Have you all lost your minds? You think some magical bond is going to keep you together forever? No! You two get some pussy and you tell the world out secret!" Tae shouted.

"Enough." Namjoon said dominance flowing from him and over the younger boy, "Walk it off and go on patrol with Hobi later."

"Yes alpha." He said storming from the room.

Tae had his reasons for not believing in the bond of the mates. His parents claimed to be mates but they treated each other said otherwise. Tae was a pawn in their disputes and also a weapon in their war with each other. Tae was going to be married off at 18 to some ally pack before the fall of the Kim Pack. So his belief in love was no existent.

"Ignore Tae." Jin said kissing the top of his mates head.

"I will." She said softly.

"Daisy this is Namjoon, the alpha. Namjoon this is Daisy." Jin said introducing them.

"Nice to meet you." She said smiling.

"Likewise." Namjoon said.

"Go on. We will send Rose to you when she comes down." Hobi said patting his back.

Namjoon went to the yard and sat at the edge of the yard. He listened and waited. He wondered what she would think of him. Would she scream in fear or would she be in awe of him? Would she like his wolf? Would she leave him? Namjoon mulled it all over in his mind to the point of near insanity. She was so precious to him already. He didn't know if he could handle losing her.

He heard her come out of the back door and heard Daisy talking to her. She sounded reassuring. She was being with her for moral support. Namjoon allowed himself to shift. It was an almost pleasurable experience to become his other half. He shook his fur as he finished the change and began to slowly walk toward his mate. He hoped she would accept him for what and who he was.